Video Game Hype Thread

I’m gonna fire it up tonight and remember how to play.

Just installed on my laptop.

The UI is a nightmare.

Loading is slow.

Waiting for a game now.

i recognise the same players from when I first got the game, years back.

Not quite a game but…

3 Likes

We’ve known for awhile that a new Shantae game is coming, but the original is also being re-released.

Will I get to play this even once in my life?

https://youtu.be/-Ywv8Re5M3Y

I think my local arcade was planning on ordering a couple cabs, since the initial D games are always pretty decent moneymakers.

Someone always brings the newest ones to MAGFest, but it’s hard to get a turn even at 4AM. People just sit there and do not obey proper etiquette of loser walks. Heck, with the number of people at the convention it really should be an everyone walks situation. Play one race then get back to the end of the line.

Of course, MAGFest 2021 is looking unlikely, as is travel to Japan or any arcade that will have it.

Yeah, that PAX 2020 side trip is right out. But hey, chin up, New York is big as fuck and people do talk about how everything is there, gotta be some place you can find one without traveling too far. I’d be kind of surprised if there wasn’t, tbh.

Get ready to be surprised. The NYC arcade scene is extremely sad. Despite the audience being large, the space they take up relative to the money they make doesn’t work well here. You have to go out into car territory like Long Island or New Jersey for the rents to be low enough to have arcades. What places that do exist in NYC are extremely small and limited, or are big tourist trash like Dave & Busters. All are overpriced. If they had an Initial D machine, even an old one, it would probably be $5 a play.

And if there was a quality arcade, it would not be safe to go to right now. An arcade where everyone is touching joysticks, steering wheels, etc. is much worse than a gym, which are closed for the foreseeable future.

Temmie Chang made a follow-up to last year’s Escaped Chasm.

Is this a cross between Sokoban and Frog Fractions???

It’s not like Frog Fractions. The gameplay is consistent.

This actually looks very good. From the video it looks like a standard block-pushing Sokoban puzzle situation. However, you can pick up hats which give you powers. Also, the blocks you push have hats. Unique twist I haven’t seen before, plus cute theme!

1 Like

Death Stranding is coming out on PC tomorrow, and I’m honestly extremely hype. A game that’s all about beautiful vistas, weirdly detailed simulation of menial tasks(in this case, stacking and carrying packages), contributing resources to communal projects, and about helping other people, both in the sense of helping NPCs, and in the sense of helping other players by doing things like picking up their lost packages and delivering them?

Finally.

I will probably play it.

If you haven’t already, and presuming you don’t mind some spoilers(like, of the in-depth discussion of themes and portrayal including story events, not the simple “Vader is Luke’s Father” kind), you should check out Noah Caldwell-Gervais’ video on it. Like, it’s not detailed point-by-point discussion of the plot, but it still talks about a lot of stuff and wanders all up and down the storyline.

If you do mind spoilers, still watch it, just after you play the game. It’s an hour and a half long, but it’s a detailed, thoughtful, and very well-considered examination of the game as an entity, rather than the usual review-styled sort of thing.

1 Like

The new diplomacy district is interesting and I’m sure the secret societies will be fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIqV_YSt48w

Nice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QdGzJhunb4&feature=emb_logo