Video Game Hype Thread

Sword Girl was the best possible option among what was left.

No this is good. I was worried it would be a horrible “she’s an ancient dragon that chooses to look and act like your little sister” situation. That is a full claws-to-snout dragon, and therefore appropriate for romance. :dragon:

2 Likes

15 characters of DILF

2 Likes

“in the OAV, she’s 600.” blargh

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

One of the marryable girls is a butterfly that turns into 10 year old looking girl, so there is that in the game too.

If you haven’t played Escaped Chasm yet, you should. It’s a free game from Undertale artist Temmie Chang.

From Terry Cavanaugh, creator of VVVVVV and Super Hexagon, comes…

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0-yAROPC2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wesvzmNEMpU

" The year is 1936. Nazis are sweeping through North Africa and the Middle East excavating tombs and pillaging archaeological dig sites for mysterious artifacts. The only way to stop them is through a choose-your-own-adventure-style strategy game where death comes swiftly and often. While upcoming game Pathway doesn’t nail things perfectly, its juicy pixel animations and roguelite-like progression make it hard to put down."

Speaking of Star Wars…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLbwkfhYZk&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2VuKNe90wzIWBQAo-YG9Z7sQKXgXkEB5amcsajyaqQjXrEB935eK-_DAI

2 Likes

I’m not buying it or playing it, but I did get hype.

3 Likes

Is there a song that is even more hype than the mortal kombat theme?

I put the film on, just to get the sense of how hype it really is.

The song is so hype, it starts playing exactly 0s after pressing play. You don’t even get a chance to hear the guy take a breath before he starts yellin.

The song got me so hyped over the new line cinema logo,that I had to restart the film to dehype myself.

1 Like

does MK even have fans anymore? It seems like a new game comes out every decade to zero fanfare. Still, I appreciate that they seem to be leaning into their batshit fighting game lore and going full tongue in cheek with the title “Mortal Kombat 11”

There must be because someone is paying for it, and it isn’t cheap to make.

I think MK doesn’t have fans the same way that say Street Fighter does. People aren’t invested in the characters, because there isn’t any real diversity or depth to their design.

People are mostly just fans of it’s mechanics (gore & fatalities).

If you’re not a fan of MK, you probably still enjoy seeing/ hearing Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden in action.

In competitive side I think there is decent sized crowd who play whatever is the latest Netherrealm game, so jump between Injustice and Mortal Kombat. Also I think some people are into the story and it’s delivery after they 10 (or was it 9) rebooter the series and they started focusing on the story telling in the cinematic style that some see as best in the genre.

But this is just anectodal observations from sidelines. I have no personal interest towards MK and anything I’ve said here could just be total bullshit.

The storytelling and the story itself has always and still is garbage.

Yeah but it’s that so stupid and bad that it’s good kind of garbage.

The new MK games fuckin’ rule.