Video Game Hype Thread

In order to avoid hypocrisy when boycotting I would have to boycott all of capitalism and live off the land in the woods. But even then, I’d have to buy the land which is in itself wrong because the land belongs to native Americans and also is wrong in that it violates the idea that land should not even be ownable.

So I gave up and buy everything on Amazon, and most of it is probably made in bad places. The money probalby goes to bad people who have employees who are working in bad conditions.

1 Like

Yeah, panfried is dangerously close to Mister Gotcha here.

1 Like

In a similar vein, from what I’ve seen on Youtube the new Star Control game is pretty good considering how shitty Stardock has been to the original creators, and how obnoxious Brad is.

I’m not planning on buying it anytime soon, but it they ever mark it down 70+% on a steam sale, it would be extremely tempting. I could always give the remainder to the original creators Legal Defense Fund.

1 Like

Are we talking like 100 hour weeks for like 2 weeks while getting paid double time, or like “that’s our company culture” burn out your workers and then mass layoff on project completion so a suit gets a bonus?

Far from it. I’m not calling anyone out as a hypocrite or trying to hit people with a gotcha - literally everyone on this board, in whole world even is a hypocrite, myself included. I’m saying your choice of protest isn’t going to change anything. There will never be enough people who know and care enough about the issues with any particular company’s practices that not buying their products will hurt them much. If you go to Joey Joe Joe bro gamer and tell him Rockstar did this he’s not gonna know about it or care and Joey Joe Joe is the majority of people buying that game. Most gamers aren’t geeks who pay attention to the industry like we do.

Pro tip: the more you know about the I dustry the less you want to support it. Only buy indie titles right away or games from teams that you are willing a fan of.

Is it good? Only way to know is to get your friend to buy it and then play.

Can confirm it is good

I mean, anything that’s got new questions for YDKJ is good for my group.

I’ll get it. I’m basically the Keeper of the Jackbox for the extended FRC when it comes to gatherings and MAGFest hotel shenanigans.

The rapping game looked fun.

Jeez! PP5 is out already? PP4 only just came out one year ago.
Looks like Jackbox is cranking production into overdrive.

The true trickle down economy.

1 Like

For $10/ month discord allows you to play the games in their store.

Start this at the 9 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeF8M8bppSI

1 Like

For the first time in over a decade, Taiko Drum Master is available legally on a US home console. And it’s not some butchered port, either; the song list is the same as the JP songlist.

1 Like

im only a little sorry https://twitter.com/freshasketch/status/1061850083447267328/video/1

That tweet-thread taught me that Neil Cicierega, name I only learned with last year’s Mouth Moods, made that song. And was directly or indirectly responsible of so much more of my earlier Internet enjoyment of old flash stuff. Actually amazed.

We’ve been tooting the Neil Cicierega horn for years. Glad to see it finally reached your ear-hole. Emmy Cicierega is also incredibly talented and awesome. That family has the genes yo.

They truly are the Memewalkers.