Things of Your Day

I’m not sure if this has been posted already, it probably has because the video is 15 years old, but this short clip of Ricky Jay performing a card trick is just amazing and absolutely jaw dropping.

The man was a master.

2 Likes

Simulation vs. Reality

1 Like

Did you know the word OBOE is actually an acronym? It stands for obnoxious bleating orchestra equipment.

This and other fun acronyms at acronymy.net.

For those that played pizza tower.

1 Like

Its Cake Time

Hope you like them apples.

https://twitter.com/0by0ne/status/1629838582029459460

1 Like

Interesting:

The king continued to circle the pillar, unable in his confusion to think of anything else to do.

1 Like

Sandwiches of History is a YouTube channel where the host Barry recreates old sandwich recipes from hundreds (sometimes even thousands) of years ago.

As a bonus, every Friday, he’ll ask ChatGPT for a randomized sandwich recipe.

The definition of DIY

So, Amazon just implemented a cool new feature in Prime Video and I wish other streaming services would do the same.

You have no idea how cathartic this feels. It drives me crazy having to constantly adjust the volume on my remote when I’m watching a movie and the music is SUPER DUPER FUCKING LOUD while the dialogue is quiet by contrast.

3 Likes

Yes we take memes seriously.

Bonus: Superheros love trains

Ahoy recreates lost pixel art from 1985.

2 Likes

For those who are not car inclined listen to good mechanic tell you about what a timing belt/chain does.

2 Likes

TLDW: Rain kilt and umbrella work quite well to stay cool and dry versus being a sweaty mess when hiking in traditional rain gear . But once at camp traditional rain gear is best.