The New Forum beta test - complaints and suggestions

Apparently uBlock was not letting it go through…maybe? I turned it off just to check, went back out and reloaded, and it came up just fine.

It has nothing to do with uBlock. I have uBlock and I never turn it off. It was just a coincidence of timing.

I’m confused, how are trust levels determined? I read the link and some of the other links on that page and still don’t get it. Is it actually obtuse and confusing or am I just stupid?

You clearly didn’t read all the words. The thread I link clearly explains everything.

It is also obtuse and stupid. Just ignore it.

The only way it explains how users change their trust level is by admin intervention, but clearly there’s also something automatic that I cannot find in the thread. It clearly outlines what each level can and can’t do, but doesn’t explain how those levels change.

You do not need to visit any other links besides the one I have linked. 100% of the information is there. Read every single word on that page. Continue scrolling and reading every single word until there are no more words.

Just tested and I can confirm: Using Google Chrome and the uBlock Origin extension, I can not access my settings. If I turn it off and go back, I can access everything just fine.

I have Chrome and uBlock Origin and I can access all things.

Maybe it’s just me but I think the suggested links are a bit tacky.

I agree. I previously thought they couldn’t be removed. Thanks to your comment I checked and I found out that they can be, so they have been eliminated.

Really really like the “Like” button, now I can show I approve the message without saying anything. :-p

I wasn’t into the like button. Now that you tell me it will shut you up, maybe I’ll come around on it. :wink:

I’m back in business baby!

Just tried the new forum on mobile for the first time, smooth! A better experience than the old Vanilla forum thus far.

It seems that images from linked Tweets don’t embed. I tried doing that just now in TotD, only to have to remove the Tweet and embed the image on its own.

There aren’t enough threads here to the point where we need to use the search. However, I can confirm the search is great! Haha!

Two things: the “forum” link on the home page still goes to the old forum, and having CTRL+F go to the site search is annoying.

EDIT: Also add 3DS friend code as a profile field please.

Honestly, I’m torn between suggesting a list of IDs, or just having a general field for service IDs. Considering that between all of us, I’m pretty sure there’s users of almost every gaming service going.

I think having the latter is the better idea.