The New Forum beta test - complaints and suggestions

Yeah the non showing of images from links fine Tweets or Instagram is kinda poop.

Instagram works, but Twitter doesnā€™t seem to.

Apparently it will work if we allow people to login with Twitter (not happening). Who would have thought that someone might want to embed a tweet in a forum without also logging into that forum using Twitter auth? Because those two things have so much to do with each other.

[quote=ā€œMATATAT, post:61, topic:39ā€]
EDIT: Oh it seems to wait until you ā€œfollowā€ something which happens automatically when you reply to somethingā€¦ thatā€™s kinda an interesting idea.
[/quote]You can also manually set, at the bottom of each thread.

Loving the image upload. Not loving the image quantity restrictions. Guess I have to read up on how/when that changes according to trust levels?

If you use the forum reasonable for even a couple weeks, I believe you hit trust level one basically automatically.

Iā€™d like a way to disable some of these keyboard shortcuts. I need Control-k for kill-line; I donā€™t need it for Insert Hyperlink.

Having one big scrolling page is so far superior to the old paged system. It sucked being the last post before a page turn.

I agree with you to a point, however you are giving up some degree of control. Iā€™m of two minds as to whether or not itā€™s better.

CTRL+F works normally for me. Using FF developer edition.

We have SSL now. I didnā€™t do anything differently from the last time I tried. I simply tried again, and it decided to work this time.

1 Like

Forum just need a little time to cool and congeal.

With all of us at once, who could blame it? Weā€™re just too hot to handle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep1DLJeWhew

Out of curiosity, can the admins of the forum see how many people have changed the ā€œtrackingā€ settings on a thread? I was just wondering if they could see if a particular threat was popular or not.

There are analytics. I do t know what kind, because I donā€™t look at them much. I see no reason not to share the data if anyone wants it. Ask again after MAGFest.

There is a thread reply limit? I would like to see detailed breakdowns of the limits on user accounts.

Everything is on the previously mentioned link about trust levels

I see nothing there about maximum number of replies allowed per 24 hours.

Iā€™m more interested to find out what happens when we inevitably get some giant threads. Knowing that Discourse doesnā€™t page separate, does it make you load the entire thread, or will it just make you load from near the unread posts?

1 Like

Should we broaden the Movies topic to be Video or Video Media or something? Or give TV its own topic? I remade the TV thread and put it in General.