The Best Game You Can Name (Ice Hockey)

It’s Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, and a man makes his way to his seat right at center ice.

He sits down, noticing that the seat next to him is empty.

He leans over and asks his neighbor if someone will be sitting there.

“No” says the neighbor. “The seat is empty.”

“This is incredible,” said the man.

“Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Stanley Cup and not use it?”

The neighbor says, “Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Stanley Cup we haven’t been to together since we got married.”

“Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that. That’s terrible… But couldn’t you find someone else, a friend or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?”

The man shakes his head.

“No,” he says. “They’re all at the funeral.”

This can easily be converted into a PAX joke, but then it would be too real.

Riveters win! Why no parade???

Also, this ducks vs, oilers OT.

My co-worker and I are up in Vancouver for business stuff and we were trying to think of things to do yesterday after. Turns out the Canucks were hosting the Ducks, so we jumped all over that. It was my first NHL game and his first live hockey game period. We managed to get two seats, front row, right behind the visitor’s goal. So not only was it a fun game to watch, we could see ourselves on the TV highlights at the hotel bar later.

A++, would do again.

That is a hell of a way to see hockey

An emergency goalie go to play.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/887bxa/blackhawks_emergency_backup_scott_foster_is_the/

EDIT - more:

The Dallas Stars were eliminated today. Yikes.

StarsPlayoffChances

There is a possibility that the Flyers and Panthers will end up tied by all measures the NHL’s tiebreaking procedure considers. The NHL has now announced that if that unlikely scenario occurs, a tiebreaking game will be played.

In the west the situation is basically occurring already. The Blues and Colorado are already playing each other on the last day of the regular season and that game will decide which of these two teams gets into the playoffs.

Let’s go Tampa! AKA 2015 NY Rangers.

The Lehigh Valley Phantoms and the Charlotte Checkers have played the longest game in AHL history.

Alex Krushelnyski scored 6:48 into the fifth overtime period, giving the Lehigh Valley Phantoms a 2-1 win over the Charlotte Checkers in Game 4 of the Atlantic Division Finals.

Phantoms goalie, who also played a number of games for the the Philadelphia Flyers this season, stopped fucking 94 out of 95 shots in that game. Funnily enough, winner in the previous record game was also the Phantoms when they were still in Philadelphia and defeated the Albany River Rats 3-2 in 2008 after at 2:58 into the 5th overtime.

IIHF Semifinals coming up.

US vs. Sweden

Canada vs. Switzerland

Also

Knights up 2-1, Caps up 2-1.

Really need the Tampa Rangers to come back. Conditional draft pick in the house.

USA lose to Sweden. :frowning: but also :slight_smile:

CANADA LOSE??!?!?!?!

Sweden vs Swiss for Gold. Oh baby.

USA vs CAN. Oh no. Are we going to not even get third place?

Or maybe… Canada won’t even get third place!!!

Yesssss

Sweden and US win. Yesssss.

Unsatisfying shootout, but whatever.