[quote=“Apreche, post:19, topic:202”]
Wow, where do they get those revenues from?
[/quote]I can tell you that exactly, from the 2005 Collective bargaining agreement between the NHL and the players, and IIRC they should still be bound by it or something very similar to it depending on how regularly they refresh their CBA.
List is as follows:
- NHL Regular Season & Playoff Gate Receipts
- Pre-Season Games
- Special Games (International Exhibition Games, etc)
- NHL National, International and National Digital Broadcasts
- NHL Networks
- Local Cable Television Broadcasts
- Local Pay-Per-View, Satellite and Other Broadcasts
- Local Over-the-Air Television Broadcasts
- Local Radio Broadcasts
- Club Internet
- In-Arena Novelty Sales
- Non-Arena Novelty Sales
- Luxury Boxes/Suites
- Club/Premium Seats
- Fixed Signage/Arena Sponsorships
- Temporary Signage/Club Sponsorships
- Other Revenues (sale of game-worn jerseys, skills competitions, open practices, etc)
I assume some of that goes to things like advertising, stadium upkeep, etc, and obviously some of it goes to players, but I’ll eat my own head if they’re not still making a fair whack of profit year-to-year after expenses.