The Best Game You Can Name (Ice Hockey)

really all this tells me is that, yet again, Boston teams are always the best choice for any sport, and New York can suck eggs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-m8Fd93faw

I’ve seen plenty of lacross goals in hockey before, just mostly at lower levels of hockey. The few NHL ones I saw were failed attempts. This might be the first successful NHL one.

1 Like
2 Likes

Seattle’s team name is going to be revealed prior to the all-star game.

Ya know a strange thought just occurred to me. In some discussion we had probably in this thread but possibly on the old boards.

Lord Stanley’s Cup is the closest you can get in the world to having a magic item. At least that was the claim. The reasoning for it is that those who know the deal, other hockey players. It has an effect on them.

This just got me thinking, are there other items that have such a presence and command such respect?

My first idea is if I walked down main street carrying the Mona Lisa. I imagine that would, if and only if people knew it was real. I’d say that’s out for that reason.

The crown jewels? Maybe, it’s hard to fake just how shiny those stones are so maybe that’d command respect, or calls to the police because anyone who’s anyone is either gonna steal them or report them stolen. So that’s out because of that reason.

Like a giant-ass gun? (lol giant ass-gun) Well, it’d command something but likely not the same thing as the cup.

How about a jet pack that you’re actively demonstrating. That’d probably have the same effect. But if you need to walk around with 5 jet engines one on your back and 2 on each arm, to get the effect of a silver bowl. Then yeah Lord Stanley’s Cup really is the only magic item around.

Four Tigers Sword

I mean, it does allow you to cast Fly.

:tada:

Apparently the was let go this time, as opposed to all the previous times he said something awful, is that the outcry was huge. The people called into the TV network and also the government to complain en masse.

Babcock is out and has been revealed to be a piece of shit.

Now the Calgary Flames coach has been revealed to also be a piece of shit, but there seems to be some confusion as to whether or not he has been fired or not.

Clean that house!

Also

Babcock was definitely bad news.

Peters has resigned.

Sex is cool and all, but have you seen this goal by Ivan Provorov?

https://media.nhl.com/public/news/13656?sf113947969=1