The Best Game You Can Name (Ice Hockey)

Great news! NHLPA does NOT exercise it’s option to reopen the CBA. We are going to have solid hockey with no labor disputes until 2022.

What does this mean for the 2022 Olympics? NHLPA can’t negotiate to get it into the CBA. Just going to suffer at the decision of the NHL again?

2022 is infinity years from now based on how 2016-2019 have gone, so I’ll burn that bridge after we cross it.

I get undisrupted hockey this winter. That’s what I want.

That’s… not great news?

The great news is there won’t be any lockouts or strikes this season or the two seasons after that.

Fail: I got sling so I could actually watch games legally this season and follow along, turns out that blackouts are a bitch and I can see any games within the metropolitan. Looks like it is time to sail the high seas…

/r/nhlstreams is the true path.

That’s where I went for a while until I found one that works good, now I just go there every time.

Oh shiiiiit. Chytil got sent to Hartford. Also Boo on waivers :frowning:

I just noticed that I never posted that here, but I will attend my first NHL game this friday, because I got a ticket for the game in Prague back when they went first on sale. Since I don’t plan to visit the U.S. in the next two years or so, and it’s the Flyers playing, and it’s only a 9 hour train ride/6 hour drive away, I thought this was my chance, even if the ticket was expensive as all hell.

5 Likes

Wow, exciting to have tickets to such a rare experience.

1 Like

This save:

This look:

That was a fantastic game, TBH.

The Rangers are doing OK, and the kids are indeed fast. But forget that. The game itself was tight. This will be a fun hockey season I think.

First NWHL broadcast on twitch.

1 Like

This KHL coach yells a threat at the ref: “I’ll burn your car!”

Wasn’t there a whole story about Putin’s favourite team having the league title swung their way?

Yes, that was news last year.

Flyers kicked the crap out of Chicago last night and are really good overall so far (see below and click for the full thread). Only couldn’t buy a goal in two games earlier that they dominated, which is why the record isn’t quite as good as it should be, but they’re really, really good. Also, that Farabee kid will be amazing.

When I moved last year I actually moved like a 5 minute walk away from the local professional team’s rink. However, due to other stuff and indecision I actually didn’t attend a single game. Didn’t seem to actually bother EC KAC as they won their 31st championship title in the spring regardless.

Today though I got a free ticket from a work colleague and went, and it was a great game to boot. Visting was Orli Znojmo a team from a town right across the czech border which still plays in the austrian league regardless (mostly because the license fee for the Czech Extraliga is too expensive). KAC lead for most of it, retaking the lead once in the 2nd period via a shorthanded goal. Znojmo tied it up halfway through the 3rd, but KAC heroically scored the winning goal with 37 seconds remaining to take the win. I only had a standing room ticket, but that also meant I was right by the super-fans who were chanting and drumming the entire fucking game. I had a great time and will probably try to attend more often.

Edit: Game summary just cause.

1 Like