The Best Game You Can Name (Ice Hockey)

Tampa getting swept in the first round may be the single biggest upset in NHL history. Tampa was one of the best regular season teams ever. Complete domination. Columbus snuck into the playoffs at basically the last second, and has never won a playoff series in the history of their team’s existence.

Yeah, what an embarrassment for the Lightning. Similarly embarrassing is the Penguins getting swept by the Islanders.

Chaos Reigns howl

Whelp. I guess…

CBJ vs VGK?

Yeah, that’s my best guess now.

https://youtu.be/kz3lq6HUdGc

I really don’t know why anybody watches or cares about Urinating Tree. An endless fountain of negativity with 0 insight. And it is pretty rich from a Penguins fan to make fun of the Lightning here, considering the Penguins also choked really badly in their series.

Don’t pick a fight with Ovi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phvMyYKrZLc

1 Like

In order, the joys of Stanley Cup hockey

1. Your team wins the Stanley Cup
  2. A top seed gets swept in the first round by anyone
  3. Your team advances another round in a sweep
  4. Your team advances another round
  5. A hated rival team is knocked out by anyone
  6. Own goal by anyone other than your team
    etc…

Tampa has provided some peak hockey.

A bit old, but I stumbled upon this today:

Kaapo Kakko HYPE

EDIT:

These were delightful to go through <3

Oh, I guess my hometown is in the final? Sort of funny to see how much a team winning at sports unites STL briefly.

If the only football game you watch all year is the Super Bowl, you probably don’t see a great game.

If you watch game 7 of the cup final, you get an awesome one.

1 Like

Lots of rule changes for next season:

Oooh. As someone who has literally read the NHL rulebook cover-to-cover, I eagerly await these every year. We’ll talk about this on the next T show.

Oooh hohohoho.

NHL has made a rule change which allows coaches to pick the side a faceoff will take place on to start a power play and after an icing.

That’s a big one. Makes for set plays on PP faceoffs. The fact that it applies after every icing? Sublime.

Wait, what?

GMs had some discussion today about eliminating offsides altogether, according to Gary Bettman.

What?

I mean… It could work. But I want there to be something in place.

Imagine a rule where if the puck comes out of the zone, and you bring it back in, it’s not offside if you still have players in the zone who haven’t left and re-entered. Instead, it’s only an offside of a player who was in the zone plays the puck before re-entering.

That could be an interesting rule. A good two-man drive could continue without a stoppage of play even if someone’s slow to leave the zone. Could lead to a lot more turnaround plays.