The Best Game You Can Name (Ice Hockey)

Orcas or Kraken, however we could totes take the junior team Thunderbirds and keep the bird love going!

1 Like

Orcas would be a bit odd considering the logo of the team right across the border features an Orca.

1 Like

I like Kraken. Treat it like Florida. It’s not the Krakens. It’s the Seattle Kraken

Well thanks to a leak, we’ve learned that the Seattle XFL football team will likely be called the Seattle Steelheads, so I hate to break it to you, but that name is taken.

Seattle Cougars
Seattle Eagles
Seattle Emeralds
Seattle Evergreens
Seattle Firebirds
Seattle Kraken
Seattle Rainiers
Seattle Renegades
Seattle Sea Lions
Seattle Seals
Seattle Sockeyes
Seattle Totems
Seattle Whales

Kraken or Emeralds

I’m down for Kraken or Emeralds. I also like Firebirds and Rainiers.

Washington Georges

1 Like

Gritty is an alot.

Alot of Gritty.

x/post with Formula 1!

Seattle Steelheads

Mascot:

3 Likes

Clearly someone didn’t read the posts from 10 days ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/nhl-seattle-looking-to-incorporate-indigenous-art-into-team-logo/281-d67226ff-9dd3-4c9d-abb3-15337e4118f1?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5c171bcd04d30110462b330e&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Rather than appropriate, it looks like they are reaching out to Coast Salish artists to actually contribute. Nothing is finalized, but we’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

Because that’s how we do. Similar things were done for the Seahawks and Thunderbirds.

Yes, except people on the Internet are saying the Seahawks was based on art from way up in Alaska, where as the Coast Salish were actually in the Seattle area.

The NFL talks about how many consider us to be Alaska anyways. So it works out. :stuck_out_tongue:

From what I’ve seen in various places, Seattle seems to be the “home sports town” for much of Alaska anyways.

Edit: I also like to point out that having a Native-inspired mascot/logo may tread the line of appropriation vs. appreciation. Props to the team’s management for being on the appreciation side (IMHO) by asking Native artists to design the mascot/logo.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnUm_C813g4