Star Wars: The Disney Era

The only ride the Moff ever got was, shall we say, sucking at the teat of the seat of power.

Rey Binks.

I’m so, so sorry.

1 Like

And here I was thinking everyone was on-board that she’s Rey Solo.

Does everyone in the Star Wars universe have to be related to someone else? What, are there only 4 families in the entire galaxy? If everyone is always related to someone we know, or is secretly someone we know in disguse, eventually the universe will become so insular that no new characters ever get introduced.

(Yes, I know that in this case, Rey is probably related to SOMEONE familiar.)

2 Likes

It is… their destiny.

I also have problems with this, as it makes the galaxy feel really small.

However, making people related to each other has a long history in epic story telling. The Bible has many examples.

Founding fathers: Abraham and Isaac? Father and son. Jacob? Head of a different tribe, but fuckit, he’s part of the family too.

The twelve tribes of Israel? All brothers. Why not. It’ll make politics easier if we’re all related. But Zebulun means “dwelling” or “home” and isn’t even a human name? Who cares. Let’s just say the tribe once had a founder, and now Zebulun had 11 brothers.

Jesus and John the Baptist, both figureheads of similar but rival sects in Palestine? Let’s say… cousins? Sure. Great. Makes mixing them into a single religion easier.

It would be amusing for her to be related to someone not from the original trilogy. Rey Dameron

Rey Palpatine
Rey Dooku
Rey Charles

Rey Charles? Didn’t see that one coming.

1 Like

Tarkin totally received sexual favors from Director Krennic.

What if…
Her last name is…

• dons Wayfarers *
    Rey Ban

YEEEEAAAAHHHH!

2 Likes

The plural of Jedi is Jedi.

The latest novel finally reveals Jar Jar’s fate.

No, he’s not killed. (Sorry for anyone who’s been waiting since 1999 for that.)

I got too hyped up for The Force Awakens and read that first Aftermath novel so I could see how the new canon would fill in the gaps. Let me be clear, I don’t have incredibly discerning taste in novels but that shit was the most atrocious garbage I have ever seen typed on a page. This Jar Jar passage, from the follow-up Aftermath novel, was likewise so bad I almost vomited.

Wow they made it worse in every possible way.

Yeah, it just screams of Punishment for fanservice’s sake. I mean, it’s already canon that he was not just a senator, but a democratically elected one, and bizarrely, was a quite respected diplomat regularly sent on important diplomatic missions. And suddenly, he’s so reviled by everybody in the galaxy that he’s forced to go into hiding as a clown for children? For something that almost every other single sitting senator and representative at the time not just voted for, cheered raucously for in the senate when it passed? And after he spent about 20 years as their elected representative in the senate, which was only dissolved upon the completion of the first death star?

I’m hardly a fan of Jar Jar, but that’s just cruel, and it doesn’t make any fucking sense.

First cast pic for the Han Solo spinoff.

Man I can’t wait to see Donald Glover putting on that Lando swagger~

2 Likes

Han Solo is just an alias.