Star Wars: The Disney Era

Longer trailer than the TV spot version -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs

2 Likes

Is anyone else really put off by the slant of the title? I know it’s pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but for some reason, the slanted words really bug me.

The opposite. The slant feels perfectly natural. If it wasn’t slanted, that would be weird.

Are any of the other movie titles slanted? I don’t think so.

They aren’t. It still feels right this way.

I get what you mean. It looks like the vertical upright of the L isn’t parallel to the vertical upright of the slanted box it is in. And like the the holes of the O’s aren’t at the same angle as the outside of the O’s. It’s weird.

2 Likes

Awesome, I fucking love it.

It feels like a font that is supposed to invoke Star Wars, while remaining legally distinct.

1 Like

Yes! Thank you! I’ve been looking at it trying to figure out why it bothered me so much. The O’s especially seem visually jarring.

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=122&v=48cc5nvsZ_c

1 Like

Provided they don’t fall into some of the same traps that they fell into with Game of Thrones, there’s room in the Star Wars Universe about how the Royal Houses are supposed to work.

Supposedly, there’s an order of nobility that extends beyond Alderaan but that’s something that’s never been looked into.

Old Republic movies maybe?

Depends on your definition of “Old Republic”. These Houses have existing for about 25,000 years and survived the Empire.

I agree.

1 Like

Counterpoint: R rating didn’t stop anyone in my peer group from seeing Robocop et al. as kids.

Counter-counterpoint: it DID stop the kids in religious families from seeing them, leading to those kids being moderately socially outcast for not having seen Robocop et al.

3 Likes

No, I meant in general that the same strengths that they bring to Game of Thrones would translate pretty well into an Old Republic setting with the various noble houses and whatnot.

They can organize the circus that is running a show, the trick will be making sure it doesn’t devolve into gratuitous shock value. I’m not sure anyone want a scene where a Hutt has their topless dancing girl through into a pit of spikes and then seeing that rotting corpse later.

4 Likes

An R rated star wars property would be as bad for star wars as Deadpool has been to superhero stuff. I.E. No problem, the more the merrier, if it’s good no one will care.

1 Like