Show Ideas and Reminders

Have Scott or Rym mentioned checking out Spire: The City Must Fall? Setting-wise, it seems right up their alley, though is mechanically interesting too. The Vermissian and origin of the Spire seem like tropes they both dig.

Iā€™ve never even heard of it.

The Spire in the setting is of unknown age and initial construction, though has had rebuilds over time, and is now controlled by high elves who have drow be subservient to them. The Vermissian is an attempt at building a transport system gone wrong, broke spacetime, and now anyone who tries to enter that space could suffer such mental stress as to permanently effect stats. The Stress mechanics are interesting as well.

1 Like

#15characters

Xmen

http://frontrowcrew.com/geeknights/20071114/the-x-men/

Incredibles

Invincible

other super hero franchiseā€¦

My library just recently got the first volume of ā€˜The Rose of Versaillesā€™ and if possible, wouldnā€™t mind a podcast with your thoughts on it. Having not watched any Utnea, I get the feeling it was influenced by Rose.

Two recent superhero movies on Netflix might be worth reviewing since they have a slightly different perspective of the super hero genre.

The first is Major Grom:Plague Doctor, a Russian look at vigilantism and social media.

The second is How to be a Superhero, a French/Belgian look at super heroes and their impact of society and the police.

I think an episode on ā€œFandom Expectations: And The (Mis)management Thereofā€ could fit into any day of the week.

1 Like

Swimming & swimming pools

1 Like

20th Century Boys. Itā€™s come up a couple times but I did not find a review episode in the feed.

1 Like

I read it all. Rym has read 0 to my knowledge.

1 Like

I know this has been touched upon in other episodes, but I would like to hear a ā€˜work from homeā€™ episode to hear and your experience and perspectives on it.

I was working in a call center for a private security company, and at the start of September, we were transitioning to working from home. We are doing three weeks of remote classes about the software and such.

Being so used for over 20+ years of putting on a uniform and driving to a building, Iā€™m having a weird time not having to do that anymore. Again, would love to hear your insights, since they tend to be entertaining.

1 Like

Documentation.

15 DOCUMENTS

1 Like

Not a bad idea at all. Iā€™ll see if we already did such an episode and/or if Rym deleted it.

Review Eternals

If you mean the movie that just came out, thatā€™s not happening. I havenā€™t watched any live action Marvel superhero movie since Spider-Man (2002). Now that Marvel is in the NFT game, theyā€™re definitely done.

However, I do own a copy of Eternals by Neil Gaiman and JRJR, so we can review that if we can get Rym to read it.

You guys need to do an episode on Not for Broadcast.

This game is wild. You play an editor in a TV broadcast station whose job is to edit live newscasts and music videos on the fly. (Yes, this game is a musical, too.) Your editing skills can affect what the anchors and guests say and do on the air, and the game becomes increasingly creative with its mechanics as the days go by. This game is a must-play.

1 Like

M.U.L.E.

Fifteen asses

Recently at a thrift store, I picked up the 25th anniversary Blu-Ray of ā€˜Transformers the Movieā€™. I honestly think Rym and Scott should review this. While it is an animated movie designed to sell toys, I would argue the animation still holds up to this day. And while the story and music can be cheesy at times, I will admit to having the movie soundtrack on my iTunesā€¦

1 Like