Random Comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RghdjWCFb64

1 Like

Itā€™s cool that Doctor Who has a new female doctor. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll return to watching because I can say confidently: Doctor Who is the most inconsistent series that has ever aired on television. Having a new showrunner will be a net benefit as people on all sides of pop culture have grown tired of Moffat, but weā€™ll see.

1 Like

Itā€™s kind of interesting to observe how close the haters of this change are to one of the main villains in Doctor Who: The Daleks. They hate everything that isnā€™t like them and feel the urge to destroy it. Then again, considering Daleks are a direct derivative of the Nazis and where those people usually come from or drift to it is not that surprising.

2 Likes

While I think it may have made more sense to perhaps wait until the 14th Doctor to cast a woman in the role (due to a lot of the setup with The Master/Missy and that Gallifreyan generalā€™s gender changes) just to give a bit of breathing room between when they demonstrated that the gender change was possible and when they actually did it with the main character. However, Iā€™m otherwise perfectly okay with the female Doctor and wish her and the show staff the best of luck. Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll do just fine given her resume and Iā€™ll look forward to seeing her in the role.

[quote=ā€œNukerjsr, post:173, topic:281, full:trueā€]Itā€™s cool that Doctor Who has a new female doctor. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll return to watching because I can say confidently: Doctor Who is the most inconsistent series that has ever aired on television. Having a new showrunner will be a net benefit as people on all sides of pop culture have grown tired of Moffat, but weā€™ll see.[/quote]I liked the show when the 9th doctor revived it, but after that it was mostly declining. I think my disinterest peaked when they Tinkerbellā€™d the 10th doctor back in ā€œlast of the time lordsā€ and then undid the last year. Mehhhhhh, not my bag, but Iā€™ll check out Whittakerā€™s take on the Doctor all the same.

[quote=ā€œDMLou, post:175, topic:281, full:trueā€]
While I think it may have made more sense to perhaps wait until the 14th Doctor to cast a woman in the role (due to a lot of the setup with The Master/Missy and that Gallifreyan generalā€™s gender changes) just to give a bit of breathing room between when they demonstrated that the gender change was possible and when they actually did it with the main character. However, Iā€™m otherwise perfectly okay with the female Doctor and wish her and the show staff the best of luck. Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll do just fine given her resume and Iā€™ll look forward to seeing her in the role.
[/quote]I donā€™t agree on that point, but I dearly wish that we could have had a season of Capaldi under a new showrunner. Moffat isnā€™t great, but Capaldi is a fantastic actor, Iā€™d love to see what he could do under a different guiding hand, but alas, alas.

2 Likes

One week until the bar, two until I move out of my current place, and three until I move to DC.

I am equally excited and freaked the hell out.

4 Likes

Oh, I definitely agree we needed more Capaldi as the Doctor, especially under a new showrunner, as I was a fan of him and his portrayal.

I blew out both my knees chasing frogs in a rice field shit housed with my kindergarten parents.

[quote=ā€œDMLou, post:179, topic:281, full:trueā€]
Oh, I definitely agree we needed more Capaldi as the Doctor, especially under a new showrunner, as I was a fan of him and his portrayal.
[/quote]He rode into a medieval arena for a gladiatorial duel, standing on a challenger tank, playing the doctor who theme on electric guitar, then started making puns. What more could you want?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwoWo4ChYuQ

(Side note - Capaldi played the guitar for that bit, both at the filming, and for the overdubbed track)

1 Like

Well, thatā€™s the good thing about there being 13 of them, really! Even if you donā€™t like one, thereā€™s always one for someone.

2 Likes

Iā€™m scared to go into the Prince of Nothing thread, because I havenā€™t read TUC yet. :frowning_face:

Same. The book is already on my desk but I wanted to re-read The Great Ordeal first and misjudged my timing. Almost done though. Weirdly enough the chapter in which they descent through Ishtherebinth wasnā€™t all that bad this time.

I still havenā€™t made it more than 100 pages through the Judging Eye yet. I keep on meaning to but time and work just get in the way.

You just arenā€™t hungry enough for MEAT

1 Like

Welcome to Night Vale has a vinyl release because todayā€™s satire is tomorrowā€™s news

1 Like

Someone got angry at me on the Girls Und Panzer subreddit because I slurred the honour of his waifu. What the fuck has happened in my life!

If youā€™re actually reading and commenting on the Girls Und Panzer subreddit, itā€™s already bad times.

Hey its a good anime! You know to not think and watch tanks. After a long day of work I just want to watch high school girls drifting Panzers.

But man this person, I assume some goblin, did not see the joke in 'ā€œWe shall fluff them on the beachesā€¦ā€ I mean come on!

The problem isnā€™t that you like the show, itā€™s that youā€™re reading Reddit comments.