Random Comments

Yeah, the concept was interesting but Baxter tends to make very flat characters.

So I’m trying to do a logo design for this Airsoft team that is forming. Part of the brief is that it needs to be inclusive for all, as in nationality and gender. Now the logo is coming along fine. Buuut having to use the phrase ‘brotherhood’ is a super pain in the arse. Reads terribly. Gives off this really strange vibe and doesn’t tick one of the major boxes.

What’s the name of the team?

Thy voted for ‘International Airsoft Brotherhood’. Which is some motto bullshit if I ever saw it.

Man, airsoft and paintball team names are the worst. Usually. Some groups take it a little too far. Just a little. Just a skosh.

Also if they voted for Brotherhood then despite it not being all-inclusive in most use-cases you’ll just have to roll with it.

Better off with something like Family or Collective or Society or something.

Its really a pain. My friend and I got into if for fun, but sods law there is one guy who takes it super serious. This is the same nutter bugger from my recent Fail of the Day posts. He was all about ‘keeping military skills sharp’ and other nonsense. There was talk of joining some competitions but sod that it will just be to tacticool serious. The other names where things like; United Nations Airsoft, International Aichi Airsoft and things like that. Its just a pain in the arse really.

You know you and your friend aren’t super serious. What about the others who aren’t that guy? If they are also chill, you can collectively ask that guy to either chill out or leave. Let him know none of you are serious like he is. If the others actually want to be serious, then you and your friend should find a different group.

Mostly people doing it for a bit of fun and a chance to play with toy guns, like the cool kids we are. There is one other guy who is a bit serious about it. But he describes it as catharsis for his army days. Which does lead to the funny juxtaposition between him and the nutter but there we go. My friend and I are still pretty new to it all so we are tagging a long for now but yeah if it takes a turn for the worst then we are just going to do our thing. The problem being is that it is a relativity small group in my area so it does make it harder.

edit; Whelp problem solved dude threw a hissy fit and left!

3 Likes

Nice to see problems sort themselves out.

Been in the paintball scene a long time and the amount of strange drama that comes up because of the wildly differing opinions and rationales for why people play and what they expect is always surprising. Makes for some funny localized memes tho.

Yeah its bizarre to me how serious some people take it. At the Mil-sim events sure but its a game! Its so strange seeing people being all ‘keeping my skills and drills sharp for when I need them’. Your playing with toy guns mate, your not Rambo you mug. His following rant is pretty funny as well to be fair. It talks of lines in the sand, spin, and a sword of Damocles or else.

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
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=fIO4
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Hold on, That’s not actually random. It only APPEARS to be since we don’t have the key to decrypt it.

I just realized that by moving to DC I’ll be able to go to Magfest next year.

1 Like

Something I like about making music is that there aren’t any words so it’s harder to get distracted by sad things.

Hey dude, is everything alright? You said this on twitter a while back and I’m starting to worry.

I just opened up this thread and the draft was just sitting there.

1 Like

It is entirely possible that the key doesn’t exist, the message IS random, and it’s just a trap to make us spend a bunch of compute trying to guess the key.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQEa3IeqcOk

1 Like

There was so much potential in The Matrix and then the sequels had to just go way too far.

Shit man, Okaja, Little Witch series one, GLOW and Killjoys season 2 all came out in the last ten days or so, my productivity is through the bloody roof.