Random Comments

Gala pie is best pie.

Also Takoyaki is the bomb. Gimli and I brought one of the hot plates for it before she left for Canada. Nearly every day we were eating that stuff. It got strange by the end.

1 Like

A Boston Cream pie is clearly a cake.

1 Like

PIE probably only spread to the extent that it did thanks to harnessing the power of horses, cattle, and dogs.

More pies for the pie

https://youtu.be/NgloGi5xEa8

1 Like

If you go see the show on Broadway you can get pie.

1 Like

I watched the movie years ago, then more recently listened to the original cast recording of the musical. Itā€™s super good! Probably one of the best newish musical theatre albums Iā€™ve heard in the last few years.

1 Like

I think we should limit the discussion/ratings of ā€œpieā€ only to pies that are meant to be edible and/or made from culturally-independent recognized foodstuffs, i.e. foodstuffs that are recognized as such by some culture in the world. For example, if someone made a witchetty grub pie, even if it may not be appealing to the typical Westerner, that would be valid as witchetty grubs are considered a proper foodstuff by indigenous Australians. ā€œCow piesā€ are obviously disqualified as they are only ā€œpiesā€ in that they are often shaped like a typical pie.

Whoopie pies are certainly edible (assuming itā€™s one made from quality ingredients, of course), so they are valid to discuss, even if the discussion comes down to, ā€œis it a pie or a cake?ā€.

Fried pies, I assume, are normal pies, such as apple, that are then deep fried. If such, they are also valid to discuss.

Our next Thursday show will be a Pie Ranking Show.

1 Like

Iā€™m 90% sure we did a pie show already, but i canā€™t find it in the archive. You definitely deleted it.

Translation: you think a pie episode is dumb and donā€™t want to do it. :stuck_out_tongue:

No. I think itā€™s a good show. I just really donā€™t like doing reruns.

Scott is acting strange, should be saying thereā€™s nothing to say about pie ranking.

You should ensure the integrity of old Geeknights episodes with :cloud_with_lightning: BLOCKCHAIN :cloud_with_lightning:

We can do an episode where I tell you exactly where you can shove your coins.

All that matters is that pie is superior to cake, with the exception of short, pound, cheese, and wedding.

5 Likes

Personally I am pastry centrist and refuse to enter the partisan bickering.

3 Likes

MUTHA

FUCKINā€™

BRIOCHE.

download

3 Likes

PORTUGUESE

SWEET

BREAD!

Sweet%20Bread%20Main

1 Like

You mean French Toast substrate?

Nah, thatā€™s Challah.
download

It soaks up much more of the egg and butter.

1 Like