Random Comments

That is still A LOT. I’ve been concerned there won’t be enough time in my life to do everything, but maybe there is more time than I thought.

You greatly overestimate how much vidyagames I play. Before Zelda came out the last game I played was… Uh. I forget.

1 Like

Yeah I digitize everything if only for posterity. I have some records that I doubt I’ll ever listen to again but they don’t exist besides scarce vinyl copies so I digitize and save them anyway. What prompted that post was trying to listen to my dad’s copy of Jackson Browne’s Late For The Sky and finding it completely unusable due to wear, but that record was forty years old and was used entirely before the advent of the MP3. The point isn’t really the records (like I said, it’s an obsolete problem with an archaic technology) but the number of other things the records could be analogous for.

I’m gonna go take a shit

1 Like

I wish you the best of Luck.

1 Like

That Pepsi ad is pure genius. Look how much all these people are talking about it. The most successful ad they’ve had in years. What’s the last Pepsi ad you even remember? I block as many ads as possible, and even I’ve seen it and know all about it.

Yes, I’m aware I’m also talking about it, but only to point out the meta. Also, I chose to do it here instead of Twitter to spread it less, and also because this is way over 140 chars.

Yes, the ad is also offensive, tone deaf, disgusting, etc. But every time someone writes an article, or tweets, or talks about how bad the ad is, Pepsi marketing department does a little happy dance.

1 Like

Oh is that what people have been going on about? I’ve seen some of the results but couldn’t bring myself to care about whatever the fuss is about. Their mission mostly failed on me then.

I don’t know if it’s a coincidence, intentional, algorithm nonsense, or if I’m just paying more attention to it, but I’ve seen a surprising number of Coke ads this morning.

4 Likes

I think the staff at my regular conventions have forgotten that I’m not staff. I was just invited to a convention staff meeting.

You’re now Kramer.

I don’t understand that reference outside of the fact that Kramer is the tall weird character from Seinfeld.

I think Kramer on more than one occasion got mistaken for staff at things by just being there and took advantage of that to get stuff.

It’s mostly just one episode.

"It’s like you have no formal business training whatsoever. I’m sorry we’re gonna have to let you go. "
"Well I don’t even work here. "
"I know, that’s what makes this so difficult. "

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the episode I was thinking of. I tried to find the part where they mistake him for working there but couldn’t find it on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU6m5UqLx9M

1 Like

Yeah it’s where he fixes the copier for some random dude. I forget why they’re at the building they’re at.

Was not the one I was thinking of. I was thinking of the one where he accidentally gets pulled on stage to receive an award for a movie he had nothing to do with. Then after having gotten the award he’s asked to fire one of their starlets who doesn’t take to being fired well in order to keep it.

The past couple years especially, my main hobby has been making stuff. Primary woodworking, but also a fair amount of sewing, and some soldering thrown in for good measure. I figured I’d gauge if there was interest in a ‘maker’/‘people creating things in meat space’ type thread.

I know there used to be one on the old forum dedicated to making things with string. I believe this one is it here.

1 Like

Ah man, scrolling through that just inspired me to finish some needlepoint I started like six months ago and forgot about!