Random Comments

Doing my paralegal homework makes me despair for the legal field and education in general. Half of these folks have worse grammar, writing, and critical thinking skills than I did in elementary school. The crimes against homophones are driving me to distraction, and very few of them back up their ideas and opinions with any kind of reasoning or facts. Everything is “because reasons.”

2 Likes

I’ll never see a stronger double-take than our HR department when offering them a giant tiny apple.

I hope everyone in NYC is okay. I heard about the terrorist attack.

Eh. Attacks like that aren’t even on my radar. I’m more likely to be hit by a car because the driver is stupid, not because they’re a terrorist.

Dammit Rym-Senpai just accept my concern for your well being!

1 Like

I accept your concern for our well being, and that same concern expressed by many other people as well. But seriously, you people have to learn some NYC geography.

I live in Astoria, and even Astoria is a huge place. I work in midtown just north of Times Square, also a huge place.

The attack was 5 miles south of my office, and on an entirely different land mass from our homes. The attack happened at a time during which I am obviously at work, and not biking around the city. The odds of us being in danger from that incident are basically zero.

NYC has almost 9 million people. The odds of the few of us who live in NYC being the victims of any particular attack are so ridiculously low that worrying is of no use. New Yorkers aren’t concerned or worried. We are all just going about our business as usual. Non New Yorkers are much more upset and making a big deal out of it, as usual.

Please save your concern for our well being for incidents where there is sufficient evidence to suggest a higher probability that we might actually be the victims. When a drunk driver mowed over a bunch of cyclists during the NYC Century, nobody sent me any concerned messages, even though I was actually participating in that ride. Although, I was already well ahead of that part of the route when that crash occurred.

TL;DR:

We appreciate your concern, but please save it for when it’s appropriate.

New York City is insanely big, it’s probably not anyone you know.

New Yorkers are tougher, less scared, and less worried than you non-NYers.

Learn NYC geography.

When the details of the story emerge, and evidence suggests that a person you know might actually be the victim, then feel free to be concerned.

2 Likes

Related: There’s been some very light movement on my potential move into Queens, Ridgewood specifically.

I found an owner actually willing to allow me to mortgage. I can’t afford the price of the appt, but I can afford 20% of it… This may actually happen.

Lol.

Enormous my ass, your city is tiny.

Why bother? It doesn’t matter. Save your brain-space for something that matters, not pointless trivia.

2 Likes

Obviously has not met many Londers Bruv.

Okay, so there definitely are some benefits to living in NYC.

1 Like

If you can’t get cheesy chips with gravy I’m out.

Someone on my Facebook proposed to his girlfriend with a wisdom tooth. Like this dude like that, its bloody odd!

Also Brucy Bonus, My kids found out I have a girlfriend. One asked if we have ‘made mouth fusion yet’. Steady on kid I’m not a digimon.

3 Likes

I was about to make a joke about how you should have told them you still need to learn the dance, but then I remembered that I’m old and they probably wouldn’t get it.

Yeah even I feel old. A group are really into grim, go figure, so now I have four of them shouting all sorts at me. I mean jeez guys I mean you know my nickname is the white bear, what makes you think I know that stuff?

What if I made a 3rd party Twitter client. It would be the same as Tweetbot or any of the other ones. We would have all the features they do.

However, there would be one difference. We maintain our own ban list separate from actual Twitter. And thus, anyone using our client would see no nazis. We would have our own criteria for judging who to ban, and will allow users to report wrongdoing to us, as well as to actual Twitter.

Twitter might block users using our client, but I bet this could work.

1 Like

Do it.

Call it “Twitter… but without the Nazis”

With golden ratio Antifa logo.

2 Likes

I’d be down.
dances the 15 character dance

1 Like

Third-party block lists already exist. I wonder what the terms are for third-party clients; I know they used to be terrible, like a hard cap on how many users your third-party client could have.

A WWII bomb has been uncovered in a building site in Berlin. Guess whose home sits right at the edge of the evacuation zone? We are about 301 metres from ground zero, so we don’t have to evacuate.

3 Likes

I can vouch for the factory automation tools. I got a tour of the service center for the vendor who’s doing plant control software and hardware for our mine. They have to keep examples of their old tech up and running so that they can troubleshoot with clients. Place was like a museum.