Queers invade the White CisHet Male safe space

Bro, I regularly have big naked baths with like 20 strangers. All naked, it is super straight let me tell you!

So I just realized I never showed off my awesome Utena skirt

9 Likes

Holy shit I love it. :heart_eyes:

It is a cool skirt.

Thatā€™s one of the more ā€œYouā€ outfits Iā€™ve ever seen you wear.

1 Like

Oooh, whereā€™d you purchase that?

Etsy #fifteencharacters

Iā€™m Lizi again. Iā€™m holding off on using the name IRL and on Facebook until next week, on account of one last gig I have as Greg next Wednesday, but once thatā€™s past Iā€™ll update the rest of my social media and start asking people to call me it in person. Iā€™m also gonna start presenting as female at the open mic I go to every week.

EDIT after a few days consideration Iā€™m Lizi everywhere now.

8 Likes

Best wishes that everything goes smoothly with going by your new name and all related stuff.

1 Like

Decided this would be a better place than the Random Images thread

3 Likes

Every time I read something about "men do xā€™ or ā€œmen think yā€ it makes me wonder if thereā€™s a behavioral component to gender the rest of the world uses that I donā€™t, and that I usually donā€™t do x or think y suggests that I have always been psychologically female in some way, but that contradicts what everyoneā€™s been telling me my whole life that I am the gender I feel I am. I felt male for 20 years. I was indifferent about it at best and miserable about it at worst but I felt that way. Was that feeling a lie? If so, how would we ever know what gender we are? Or does society assign behavioral traits to genders in an unhealthy way? Is the true gender revolution going to come not when we throw off the shackles of how people must identify, but how they must act as tied to their identity?

Iā€™m not expecting anyone to make sense of this I just needed to word vomit somewhere.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a complicated issue, and why gender is often more of a spectrum (IMHO) than a binary ā€œmale vs. femaleā€ concept, even though society often tries to force it into one of those binary terms.

There have been cases where parents, in trying to raise their young boys to be caring nurturers by giving them dolls to play with found that their boys werenā€™t interested in them at all and were instead more interested in ā€œtraditionalā€ boys toys like toy cars. Iā€™m sure there also have been cases where girls were offered toy cars and instead preferred dolls.

Most psychologists seem to agree that there is a ā€œhard-wiredā€ aspect to gender which explains why young boys usually prefer doing ā€œboysā€™ thingsā€ and vice versa for girls. However, itā€™s not exactly a binary switch, as the existence of tomboys and such shows.

As a personal example, letā€™s take the case of my 5 year old son. His favorite toys to play with are the traditional things like cars and he loves to wrestle. However, heā€™s also been known to play with the dolls at his preschool on occasion and his favorite color is the traditionally (at least in modern times) ā€œgirlyā€ color pink. So while heā€™s certainly very much on the ā€œboyā€ side of the spectrum, heā€™s not 100% there based on whatā€™s considered ā€œboyishā€ vs ā€œgirlishā€ for much of society. Not that it matters to me as I love him no matter what, but Iā€™m just using him as an illustration here.

Now I canā€™t speak for how you feel personally as Iā€™m neither in your shoes nor have any similar experiences that I can refer to in order to get an idea as to how you felt. However, I donā€™t think you were necessarily feeling a lie but just dealing with the fact that you were still trying to sort out just where on the gender spectrum you felt most comfortable and perhaps you may be closer to the center than any of the binary extremes. But as I said, take this with a huge grain of salt as I feel like I canā€™t truly understand just how you feel here.

Itā€™s weird with me because since puberty Iā€™ve tied gender to sex so tightly. I was an effeminate child, my mom thought Iā€™d grow up to be a drag queen (her words not mine). But as the girls around me started to get curves and I didnā€™t, I decided itā€™d be easier to just be a guy. Being trans is so difficult, and being a woman is so difficult, I couldnā€™t imagine being a trans woman would be worth the struggle. I often dreamed of a matriarchal society where I could transition into the dominant gender (read into that as you wish). So itā€™s not that I never felt like I wanted to or should be on the far feminine side of the spectrum, I just wrote it off as not an option. I remember being 15 and getting dared to cross dress and I got seriously excited that I could try that. Thereā€™s an alt personal history for you.

But yeah, so, I get the ā€œgender is a spectrumā€ theory, but I have no desire to be a gender that doesnā€™t match my sex, especially given the amount of dysmorphia, particularly sexual, that I have to live with now.

Again, not speaking from any form of expertise here, but I think all of that is related to your dysmorphia and that youā€™ve probably suffered from it to varying extents for a very long time.

Hopefully you have some honest and ethical doctors and therapists working with you to help you cope with your dysmorphia and they will be able to help you figure out what treatment for it works best for you. Iā€™m not a one-size-fits-all treatment person, especially in a complicated case like dysmorphia, and think that it probably should be tailored to the individual in question.

1 Like

My physician and psychiatrist are good. The former I sought out with trans health in mind, the latter Iā€™d been seeing for nearly a decade and just happened to have a background working in HRT. Need a new therapist tho.

I wish I could recommend someone to you. I have a great therapist (and he may be local enough to you), but dysmorphia isnā€™t one of his specialties.

Also Iā€™m 10 times more comfortable seeing a woman for these issues.

Understandable as well.

Finally my gender reflects my taste in autumn coffee beverage obsessions.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been put on 50mg of Spironolactone twice daily. Thatā€™s half the dose I was on in February. Weā€™re holding off on estrogen until Iā€™ve been on my goal dose of Lamictol for a few weeks (Iā€™m one week away from that dose). Hopefully introducing the drugs separately and more gradually will make it easier on my system and I wonā€™t spiral like I did in February/March. If I do, Iā€™ll probably just go inpatient for a few weeks until my system evens out. This time itā€™s any means necessary.

9 Likes