Queers invade the White CisHet Male safe space

Anime con time.

I fucking love pink, bitches.

8 Likes

Trip report: Iā€™m hella cute and Iā€™m here to steal all ya partners

7 Likes

That is a fine outfit hope many pictures were had.

I went to a wedding this weekend and femmed up for real for the first time for real. I wore heels.

7 Likes

I wish I could wear cool glasses like that.

1 Like

dat hair :purple_heart:

Itā€™s either early Garnet from Steven Universe, or Izzet colors in Magic. Either one is cotton-candy good.

@Apreche i know right? i wanted glasses like this forever and transitioning was the perfect excuse

@pence when I put my hair up it forms a little trans pride flag on my head. :slight_smile:

I will second the Dat Hair comment. The colors look AMAZING.

I really wish I could grow my hair out. However, genetics has decided that Iā€™ll be unable to do so T_T

1 Like

Same. I grew a ponytail in high school and it just looked ridiculous. Anything longer than ā€œslightly long for a manā€ ends up entering into ā€œUncontrollable mad scientist bullshitā€, and my hairā€™s too dark to color without extensive, extensive bleaching. I can pretty much wear a side-par mid-length standard male haircut.

3 Likes

Ok hi!! Itā€™s Pride Month so FYI Iā€™m bisexual and Iā€™m also questioning my own gender identity lately (in case that wasnā€™t clear ;P), things are going great! Happy Pride :slight_smile:

11 Likes

This is the first year I found out that June is pride month and I couldnā€™t possibly be happier. I was born in pride month! That makes me very happy! :relaxed::rainbow_flag:

I want to complain about Pride on Facebook or Twitter but Iā€™ve made some friends since I went back in the closet about my gender and I donā€™t really want them to know that about me and I really donā€™t want them to hear me say this without context. Pride hurts for me because itā€™s a celebration of a community that largely rejected me and let me down when I needed them. They consistently told me feelings I couldnā€™t help were wrong and had more interest in complaining about heteronormative people than actually helping each other through their very real struggles.

I might have a more positive view of Pride, if not the community, if I lived somewhere where it was necessary. Boston Pride is thousands of people gathering around to celebrate very little. So youā€™re gay, what struggles have you had to endure living in Massachusetts as a gay person? Iā€™d probably get along better with the folks at Clraksdale Pride, where saying youā€™re gay means something.

Really sorry to hear that, sounds like you were just around really shitty people. Iā€™m lucky that there is a transgender/gender non-conforming community at my job that have been an excellent resource. But often, as Iā€™m now 30, I feel that I missed out on a lot of the more formative experiences that most people have when they are young and growing up. Itā€™s hard to feel you have to actively work really hard to fit into an already existing community, and often itā€™s not really a simple process to fit in.

However, I will call bullshit on the idea that somehow itā€™s less necessary to celebrate in a place like Boston than a smaller area. People still have to deal with bathroom shit, bigots, workplace retaliation/harassment, and all sorts of other bullshit regardless of the area. Not to mention that there are many people who constantly need to be reminded that LGBTQ+ people need respect and equal rights. Itā€™s a never ending process.

4 Likes

So I Googled Clarksdale Pride and all I got was a car dealership. Iā€™ve complained about the lack of gay bars in Boston but honestly thereā€™s three they just all suck. The closest gay bar to Clarksdale is in Jackson, 150 miles away. Massachusetts was the first state to establish same sex marriage and has outlawed discrimination against LGBT people in housing and employment. Mississippi passed a Religious Freedom law to allow businesses to not serve gay people. So yeah Iā€™m gonna go out on a limb and say that Clarksdale needs Pride more than Boston (I chose Clarksdale since it was the first town in Mississippi I could think of, probably because Son House was from there).

Boston Pride specifically has also lost itā€™s edge. If it was still primarily about advocacy of rights Iā€™d feel differently, but sometime around when Delta joined on as a sponsor it stopped being political. I want queer liberation, not rainbow capitalism. But again, thatā€™s just Boston, I know itā€™s different elsewhere.

2 Likes

I just think itā€™s really shitty to put a value on someoneā€™s identity based on the fact of the hostilities they face because of it. Itā€™s not a fucking competition. My identity means something not because itā€™s an act of defiance, but because itā€™s who I am.

5 Likes

I donā€™t value identity at all. I value accomplishments. Sometimes identity means you accomplished something. Sometimes it doesnā€™t.

I mean considering that Mass tended to be on the leading curve of gay rights, wouldnā€™t that denote they did accomplish something?

Iā€™m not saying Boston shouldnā€™t have Pride, Iā€™m just explaining why I donā€™t care for it.

1 Like