Queers invade the White CisHet Male safe space

Being 6’5" makes dressing femme kinda standoutish, but it means I get to wear even longer flowy clothes.

I have not felt the need to post in the topic before but I think this is useful for some people here. - the 5th Annual non-binary* gender census survey on pronouns/title/etc is out.
http://gendercensus.com/post/170391721115/the-fifth-annual-gender-census-is-now-open

It is an anonymous survey with public results of Pronoun, Title and spelling of the word non-binary and the results are public, here is the 2017 survey results.

http://gendercensus.com/post/164333379490/nbgq-survey-2017-the-uk-results

*they removed the non-binary this year since not everyone who takes it identifies with that label.

1 Like

HRT is not going well. Depression and anxiety are more overwhelming than they’ve been in at least four years. I knew for 15 years that it wouldn’t be worth it to transition, and now that previous belief is being vindicated. I’m heavily considering detransitioning and going back to life as a man.

Whatever you need to be happy in life… Just know that I (and I’m not alone here) got your back…

3 Likes

You do what you need to. I’ll support your decision no matter what.

2 Likes

No one will judge you for continuing, or for going back, or for delaying your decision, or for moving faster, or even for knowing you don’t know what to do. Whatever you do or don’t do, it’s a journey one day at a time.

Do whatever makes today better, and tomorrow better. If you don’t know what that is, you’re not alone: a LOT of people don’t know what it is. A lot of people can and will try to help you answer that question.

If the answer is, for now, “wait until tomorrow,” let it take as many tomorrows as it needs.

11 Likes

Guess who’s back.

5 Likes

:musical_score: Back again. Greg is back. Tell a friend. :musical_note:

Welcome back!

5 Likes

Whoever you want to be, it’s good to have you here.

5 Likes

Choose the skin you’re most comfortable in and come as you are. You’ll always be welcome.

2 Likes

We’re happy to have you no matter what. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So an argument I’ve seen recently: is it wrong (and a correction-worthy offense), in casual conversation, to use the term “vagina” to include the vulva?

I suppose it’s better than a lot of other, much more rude words but posessing neither I’m not sure I have much of a say in whether it’s correction worthy or not.

It’s definitely not accurate if you are discussing anatomy, or are in a medical setting. Clearly the vulva is not the vagina.

But in casual conversation, I don’t see how it’s a problem. For example I might say I got hit in the stomach. Actually the stomach is just one part of the area I got hit. More likely I just got hot in the abs. We just use the name of the one part to refer to the whole area in casual conversation.

Same thing. The vagina is just one part, but in casual conversation we use the name of the one part to refer to the whole area.

Still, if there is a reason we should not be doing this, i would like to hear it.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s almost exactly the argument I made, right down to the stomach comparison.

I mean, depending on the context, it can be trans exclusionary. Sometimes precise semantics matter more when you have to fight over every inch of ground.

5 Likes

Thanks, I never considered the context of people not born with vaginas. Which I guess is kind of a problem in and of itself.

That is a very good point you made there… Although, once a M-to-F trans person has undergone reassignment surgery, don’t they then have a vagina, even if it’s a “synthetic” (for lack of a better term, sorry) one?

Yeah, this is complicated, subtle stuff, and I don’t pretend to be an expert at all about it at all. I just try my best not to be a jerk about it while trying to understand it better.

https://twitter.com/DiscordianKitty/status/989579223617679360

8 Likes

big mood

1 Like