Overwatch

I wonder if the Junkrat skin was intended for summer and not rolled out because it was somehow unfinished or something or if the plan was to put it out in the winter all along.

I figure the latter. Itā€™s not like they donā€™t know these events are coming, I doubt theyā€™re going to miss a deadline on a skin for something like that. They know how long this sort of things take, they know how to plan this shit out. Also, itā€™s the kind of thing theyā€™d do - they have included Australia in their marketing efforts on more than one occasion. Plus, we have opposite seasons, remember? Itā€™s the Christmas event, and the beach is Christmas for us.

1 Like

Iā€™m just mad that D.Va got passed over for an event skin AGAIN. I can only figure itā€™s hard or very time consuming to do new models for the mech but come on guys not even a paint job?

Yeah, I got that and it does seem like a thing theyā€™d do, but I also assume theyā€™re pretty much always working on new skins. I mean it would make sense that they would be sketching out halloween, winter, summer, etc. skins all the time and then decide to seriously work on them whenever. Either way itā€™s pretty good.

Roadhog seems like heā€™d be a little harder to summer theme without looking a lot like one of his existing skins, but Iā€™m not an artist and am a fan of the walrus look.

She got Officer D.Va, the 50s hot rodder look, and in the summer she got the Korean national team skin(maybe thatā€™s from last year, I donā€™t know off hand) but sheā€™s not been hurting for quality skins
(Sorry, I meant to reply to @panfriedmarmot, not Burritoad)

Yeah, heā€™s already got the islander skin and such, and plus, I think theyā€™re keeping him back a little until they decide if they want to make him Maori, TS Islander, or whatever else they might do. Honestly, Iā€™m not sure if theyā€™ve fully decided if heā€™s Australian or Kiwi.

1 Like

And those are all great, but Iā€™m speaking more of the holiday ones. No Halloween, no Christmas / winter, and a lot of characters get multiple skins across multiple events.It goes along with that she has had very little lore and story development since launch. I know itā€™s a bit childish but sheā€™s my favorite hero both to play and as a character so its rather disappointing.

ā€œNo, you didnā€™t smoke shit. Shut your fucking mouth,ā€ Lengyel said. ā€œGo back there, suck a fat cock. I mean, he would like that.ā€

(The player he said this to is openly gay).

Overwatch League gave him a 4 game suspension, but his team is suspending him for the full season (thank god). Donā€™t look at the twitter replies unless you want to get angry.

1 Like

Itā€™s a wonderful feeling knowing that people still donā€™t know that crouching mutes your footsteps.
Spooked a good number of people in Mei mode.

Apparently this guy has been making waves before, including throwing games on stream. However, he has also said that he is going to match the fine and donate it himself to a pro-LGBT organization should the fine not be allocated in such a way.

If anyone wants to play and banter over the state of the union, Iā€™ll be in-game as soon as the update finishes.

New patch! Mercy nerfs are live! Thoughts?

Personally, Iā€™m not sure if this is the right way to go about it. I think Resurrect is too powerful to be a cooldown skill, and needs to be earned (especially at pro level play, where picks matter). IMHO it needs to be a part of an ult. This adds skill - better Mercy players get their ult/res faster, but also keeps the ability in check (also keeps me from feeling like a Rez-bot rip). Instead, Iā€™d love to see them give her a couple rezzes when she ults,maybe keeping Valk more or less the way it is.

Having only watched, but not played Overwatch it was immediately obvious that resurrection is an extremely OP ability. The timing and usage of it clearly determined who would win/lose a match. Nerf is obvious, but will it be enough?

Nothing is quite disheartening like barely surviving a scrum and then having some Mercy be hiding some where to pull off a 5-man rez. Suddenly the entire team is at full health, in your face, gunning for you while you have a silver of health remaining.

Mercy can only resurrect one person at a time, with a LONG cooldown. It also isnā€™t instant: you can kill her while sheā€™s trying to do it. I think itā€™s enough.

Even the current Mercy pre-Nerf is a nerfed version of the old ability. Her ultimate was to resurrect EVERYONE at once. It was stupid.

I think part of the problem is balancing Mercy between competitive use vs quick play. In quick play if I canā€™t kill valk Mercy by myself I just have to wait it out and she can go wherever she wants because people donā€™t focus. Coordinated teams she still has to consider sight lines and stuff.

The way rez has been recently I thought was pretty good. It makes kill positioning matter, which I think is fun. Hog hooks can make someone unsafe to rez, and a well placed kill can be used to bait Mercy into a snipe or whatever.

Quick play will never be balanced. Itā€™s not possible without ruining the competitive scene. They definitely wonā€™t split the mechanics between the two either.

Also,

I donā€™t disagree, but community perception of things being over / under powered is going to be partly an aggregate of games people are actually playing so I would expect them to take qp into account to a small degree. Iā€™ve found her occasionally frustrating to play against recently but didnā€™t really think she needed a nerf. That said I havenā€™t been playing a lot of comp recently.

Obviously Blizzard has lots of data and I donā€™t.

The meta of QP is so ridiculous that I can barely dignify it. Symmetra, Zarya, Junkrat are invincible gods in thereā€¦

You mean awesome? I really hate all the Mercy nerfs, they should revert to original. Sheā€™s basically useless now because you WILL die if you try to rez.