Overwatch

From the video and based on the powers/attacks I saw…

Sombra x Reaper + Zarya x Hanzo?

Make a post or something cause I’ll probably be around but might not be in game at the time.

This has been building up for a now but weirdly it hasn’t been discussed here. Overwatch is creating a professional eSports league. The odd thing to me is that the teams follow an american style of naming convention a la “City Nicknames”. Not sure how much of that is actually relevant considering that the teams don’t exactly have “home” games as all matches will be played in Los Angeles. They say that they want to introduce a “home/away” feel at a later date, based on whether this has success.

Anyway, a lot of the teams are actually owned by groups and people that are also involved in more traditional sports. For example the Los Angeles Gladiators are owned by the Kroenke (also own the LA Rams, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche and Arsenal F.C.), the Boston Uprising are owned by Kraft Group who own the New England Patriots, and the Philadelphia Fusion are owned by Comcast Spectacor, the ownership group of the Philadelphia Flyers.

Now it was announced that the teams will receive uniforms in-game. E.g.:

Only tank that’s allowed the whine about a rez is Zarya. That charge is hard to build, and while Zarya can brawl for a long time, once she has no one else to bubble, she’s toast. Which was why I would always immediately avoid mega-rez mercies, because they would hide & wait for me to go down, without saying anything.

I am fine with this because it makes it much easier to tell who is on what team.

I’m gettin’ on in a bit.

I may get back on

I’m kinda excited to watch the Overwatch League going forward, but it kinda rankles that the two teams I actually want to root for are Houston and Dallas.

Darn you kids with your weekend free time and close proximity to a computer that can run OW.

One of the original big-name Overwatch pros died yesterday. I don’t think anyone else on this forum cares, but Dennis “InternetHulk” Hawlenka was one of the earliest OW pro players back in beta and was the main person responsible for building the best non-Korean OW team in the world. He died at 30, apparently due to complications from tonsillitis.

Fucking hell.

Oh, I saw it on reddit because it was on top of /r/Overwatch but I assumed it was someone from the dev team. R.I.P.

heroes never die
I watched a good number of his games when he was on envyus

1 Like
1 Like

Moira’s abilities look like when you’re watching Saltybet and some Brazilian DBZ characters come out. Really ugly.

The most important time of the year has finally arrived!

It’s cute. I’ve won as both sides.

I am loving the snowball fight game, its a blast.

I love the art for Mei and the yeti-Winston

Right? XD

I don’t skip it every time I play. Sometimes I’m the only one who doesn’t skip it.

Nice touch - while they didn’t do one for roadhog, the Junkrat christmas skin is Beach themed, rather than snow-and-ice sort of business.

1 Like