Overwatch

Yeah, 10-15 minutes per game thereabouts. It’s not bad, as MOBAs go.

Fail of the game.

I’m down for some HoTS. Let’s get a playdate set. I will bring the juice boxes.

Worst case,
Week 1: 5 games vs beginner AI, All mid. 8 minute rounds for easy wins and learning how to move.
Week 2: 5 games with a five stack, everyone agrees to actively throw the game, easy completion bonus in 5-7 minutes unless you get a terribly paced map. You gotta actively throw, though. They watch for idling.

For everyone else, it’s free wins month.

I might actually try. Playing against AI was pretty fun actually, or if we all play against each other (is that possible?) then its just for shiggles and no shittiness required.

I’ll play for dva skin. Never played hots before, so. beware nubs

Pro tip for HoTS. Please listen and follow map objectives. Just played three games against the AI and teammates would not do the map objective at all. And we lost each time.

I’ll do it for the Dva skin, haven’t played a MOBA in ages, last time I played this game it wasn’t too demanding just time consuming. Hopefully there are a few more mechanically interesting characters then those available on release.

I am not really into the eSports scene, but I would like to watch some professional level Overwatch. Any recommendations of where to watch that?

1 Like

OGN Overwatch APEX league, it’s the Korean scene which has already started to become pretty serious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRXB4IIdTaA

The reason that Korea did so well in the last World Cup as they always do in the world events - Korean fans vote for the best players from t he the best teams to represent them. Everyone else picks stream celebrities who’ve never played together as a team.

Official Blizzard league should be way better.

1 Like

Week 2 of hat collecting starts today. I’ll be getting a 5-stack going this evening if anyone wants in.
If everyone just wants to grind out the hats we can make a forfeit pact, otherwise it’ll just be fun times.

1 Like

I haven’t played in quite a while - anyone got a good source on catching up to the latest changes? Or just tips in general. Youtube seems to be a good format for that, but I haven’t been able to find good ones.

1 Like

I… just spent more money than I ever thought I would buying loot boxes to try and get the Widowmaker Talon skin.
I feel dirty in a completely non-ironic way. Why did I do that? I’m not sure I’d feel any better if I DID get the skin.
And it was so easy. If I was going to spend the same amount of money on a physical good, I’d really stop to consider it. But jesus christ it was so easy.

1 Like

Was it more than $20? Because if there is a skin I like and its near the end of the promotion I’ll drop a $20 on it just for laughs, because either I’ll get enough coins to buy it or I might just get it AND get the coins. But then again I like gambling and have no problem losing $20 playing cards or Mahjongg with my friends. More than that and yeah I can understand the dirty feeling.

Meanwhile, I have almost 100 loot boxes unopened.

1 Like

I wanted to ask what’s your aversion to even the ones you earn? I totally get not wanting to spend money on boxes but if you get them for playing why not open them?

Not overwatch related but it’s blizzard so I’m counting it. They have this promo in Heroes of the Storm where if you log in for a little while you get like 20 heroes (1 of 4, 20 hero packs) for free.

I used to have a few friends who played this and I sometimes played with them so I figured if I ever played again I might wanna have this. So I reinstalled and logged in. Got my pack then noticed they added lootboxes since I last played. I had some epic lootboxes a few legendary lootboxes and and like 30 common ones.

I guess they just gave them away when the system came out. I promptly laughed and uninstalled it again. So I guess I too have a bunch of unopened loot boxes. I just didn’t grind to get them.

That’s still slightly better than their last pricing model which was WAY more than what any sane person should pay for digital hats.On the bright side, HotS turned out more fun to play with friends than expected. Win or lose, fun times were had.

I agree on one count, and don’t comment on the other. I have no idea what their old pricing structure used to resemble. I never looked. It really is fun to play with friends though.