Overwatch

I don’t care that much about “loot” in games, especially cosmetic loot. In CS, I’ve never customized any gun ever. I auto-sell everything I ever get on the Steam marketplace.

It was more than $20.

Eurobeat Lucioooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxnHiFZfLfk

3 Likes

I got kind of fed up with completely idiotic teams in Quick Play so I got back into competitive play despite some really salty people there. To my surprise it seems to have gotten a bit better. However, I kind of fucked up my placement matches. Maybe it was rust, maybe I am just not as good as I once was/once thought I was at FPSes but I got put into gold, and low gold at that :frowning:

Anyway, working my way up and already made more than 150 SR back or so. Still got like 300 SR to go before hitting my career high though. Will try to make Platinum soon. I guess the good thing starting so low is that almost every win sets a new season high :slight_smile: Playing mostly tanks this season, particularly trying to improve Winston. Not playing Orisa because I just don’t really understand the character. Also picked up Soldier as my main DPS hero and playing Zenyatta if the team needs a healer.

Unfortunately there are still some run-ins with really awful teams, e.g. today on Route 66 the damage guys couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn and then the rest of the team started flaming each other. I tried to tell them to stop but it was of course for naught. Oh well. However there are also nice surprise like a hold on Hanamura today where everybody was voice communicating and nobody made any bad remarks though at least one was a 14-year old kid which are usually flame magnets.

1 Like

The weather is bad this weekend, so I’ll be playing. Maybe we can finally 6v6

1 Like

As part of the law in China blizzard has revealed part of the randomness of the loot boxes:

Highlight from tonights 6v6:
https://youtu.be/DOUJq-Ur51s

1 Like

Was playing Overwatch today trying to work on the Rank. Got paired with two complete shitbirds who were in a group and of course took both picked the DPS spots, one of which with Junkrat on a KOTH map and did nothing to support any. Both also completely spammed the voicechat and the entire team started bickering. Only thing I ever said was that they all suck and should just shut up and get to work. Of course we get completely stomped.

I jump into the next game and of course the two shitbirds are on the other team and start bullshitting that I am a toxic player. My only answer is an explanation of what happened and after that I refuse to engage them in chat. Suddenly they can actually play correctly and group up as PharMercy and single me out. My team is also completely incapable of doing anything. After we lose one of them tells me “you are terrible chaosof99” but of course it’s me who is “toxic”.

At this point I was pretty pissed and decided to do something else and watched a couple of YouTube videos. Got back in but lost again. Before the above encounter I needed one more win for Plat but suddenly I was back to 2410. Buckled down though. Played tank with a lot of pretty decent folks. One round on Lijiang Tower was pretty close but we won and I rattled of four wins in a row.

I’m back in Platinum now baby! 130 to my career high which is the next goal.

I’m down. But I need 15 characters to tell you that.

I should really do some work, but I can join for an hour or two.

I’m down. I’ll get online around 6 :wink:

I’d be happy to join in too.

I’ll probably be on and off while I do laundry. Should be solid by 630

HAMMER TIME
https://youtu.be/9tWQJZ_FlKY

2 Likes

That was some GOOD SHIT last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3imGzwF2VS8

2 Likes

Just had an insane comp game on Temple of Anubis. First we took the first point quite quickly but the second point was a four minute long fight before we could finally get rid of them all. We then had trouble but could hold them long enough. Went to extra innings with both teams having a minute on the clock. We were on attack first went essentially full dive combo, though with a Rein instead of a D.Va. I was Winston. Their Roadhog tried to do a cheeky pick through the side entrance but he missed which I think was their undoing. We all went directly to the point and smashed their defenses down because they couldn’t handle. Then we snowballed the second point too. Suddenly it’s 4-2 and they don’t go full dive combo with a minute to capture the first point. We hunker down, get a couple of picks and win.

In a match just now a Diamond player got backfilled into a bronze level match. I felt as though I had been visited by some kind of deity.

more to come :D! Not trying to be a vidya game comic, but super inspired by genjicat shenanigans right now ~
Part 2 of GenjiCat mini-series! 
Genji/Mercy and all Overwatch characters are property of Blizzard Entertainment, this is purely fanart!

3 Likes

Pretty good, I might need to read more of this.

Competitive highlight of the night
https://youtu.be/Gn5iHbpBXoA?list=PL94t7Rz1F_d0C5CjC6XKH-mfD9nsyAp2e

2 Likes