Now That Donald Trump Has Lost

It’s a civil trial. He was found liable, no guilty.

FBI agents raid condo unit owned by Russians at Trump Towers in Sunny Isles

1 Like

Trump just lost one of his attorneys. I wonder if any more will depart?

Some more reporting.

What we have confirmed:

• 7 charges
  • an unknown number of counts for each of these charges
  • the indictment is sealed
  • it will be unsealed when he is arraigned on Tuesday

Fuck Donald Trump.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Trump’s case trial is tentatively set for August 14.

With the caveat that the judge is going to obstruct and delay as much as possible…

Legal Eagle (Devon? is his name Devon?) Lightly mentioned that she can dismiss the case after double jeopardy is attached and there is 0 way of appealing it. But it’s something that was gone over in more detail on the Opening Arguments podcast during an interview they had last week, I believe.

Apparently if she really wanted to be evil she could just let it progress just far enough and go “yeah this case is bunk, dismissed” and that’s it. Nothing more can be done.

Truly this is a terrifying prospect.

1 Like

If that happens we need a focused federal lawsuit and a loose interpretation of the constitution and federal law to force the issue… It’s that or America is finished.

2 Likes

Every lawyer, and obligatory IANAL, I’ve heard speak on this hasn’t been very optimistic about any recourse in this event.
The best that I have heard is impeachment of Cannon, but that doesn’t affect the underlaying issue of Trump getting off and double jeopardy being attached to these charges.

I have also heard a fair amount of out loud wondering why Smith went after only these 31 documents and not more. My personal thought is it could be possible that he was holding back just in case™ something like this happened, or to be able to use those documents in other applicable venues in case this one turns out to be hostile.

1 Like

Devin, but yes.

1 Like

CNN has obtained the tape of Trump openly admitting to stealing documents in 2021.

Listen to it here.

New charges against Trump.

1 Like
1 Like

I’m gonna collect them all and put them on trading cards or something.

2 Likes