Now That Donald Trump Has Lost

Lisa Murcowski also famously did this and won as a write in.

2 Likes

Yep. In fact, there’s some who have used it as an electoral strategy for some positions - they’d run in the party primaries, and once the field was cleared, they’d then just switch back to being an independent, leaving no choice for the voters and party on their nominal side to support them anyway.

1 Like

Seems like any goodwill the polticians had from their voters would be burned to the ground after pulling that shit move. And destroy any chance of being reelected.

1 Like

No, she’s holding Arizona hostage now.

She would have lost her primary and been out of the Senate no matter what. Democrats (and all good people) hate her. She’s the final form of all “dirtbag left” greens: a Republican. She was basically a dirtbag pretending to be a Democrat long enough to get into office and then pull hard right.

By doing this, there’s no primary. She’ll run as an Independent and dare the Democrats to run anyone against her. If they do, it’ll split the vote and the Republicans will pick up a Senate seat.

She knows this. She’s actually worse for America than Manchin.

The moral is never trust a green.

That said, I fully hope for and expect the Democrats to run against her anyway. Fuck her and her dirtbag conservatism. Never give into this kind of political gamesmanship.

5 Likes

The only thing that surprises me about Sinema anymore is that she’s not into crypto, as best I can tell.

3 Likes

I’m not familiar the term dirtbag left. I had to read over the wiki for the term.

The dirtbag left has been described as an anti-fascist, anti-conservative, anti-centrist, and anti-liberal ideology

So your saying they are all really just wolves (Republicans) in a sheep’s clothing kind of thing?

I’ve always sort of associated dirtbag left with people Chapo Trap House, kind of troll-y behavior that is fundamentally left leaning, but absolutely doesn’t play the game to fix any of it? Like the “I’m smarter than the game, man” lefties that hate how the system works but won’t, Yknow, vote, even if it means holding their nose and voting for the centrist democrat who is the only other option. Which, I kind of get the frustration part of it, but goddammit you have to vote if you’re gonna complain haha.

I think Sinema is a dirtbag, but idk if I’d characterize her as “dirtbag left” as I understand the term?

2 Likes

Buddy of mine sent me this article about Sinema.
Basically she is just a self serving selfish dirtbag who as far he can tell has no beliefs and is just doing whatever it takes to stay in office no matter what.

It’s almost time…

Here’s a 29-page report on his tax returns.

Really? That small a penalty?

That’s a surprise. I wouldn’t have expected Faux News, of all outlets, to keep him off the airwaves.

Even if it is true (the quote came from someone in Trump’s camp, not someone at Fox News), why should Fox News strongly get behind and promote Trump at this stage of the Republican Presidential candidate selection process? They can continue to discuss topics that align with Trump voters’ concerns without needing hitch their wagon to a single candidate yet.

Prior to the 2016 primaries Trump was the candidate that gave them reasons to be as explicit as they were with topics of immigration, Hillary Clinton, etc… and while he was President they wanted to be firmly in his good graces. But right now? Who knows which way things will go with the Republican primary and they don’t need the excuse of covering his opinions and ideas in order to keep talking about things that people who support him care about.

1 Like

Trump has been indicted.

https://twitter.com/gwmonier/status/1641554417823391746
https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/status/1641592897807044610

Nothing more American than a Corporation tossing someone aside once it got what it needed out of them.

George W. Bush is persona non grata now. After he made the GOP’s wildest dreams come true.

1 Like

This is a dangerous step. What just happened in Tennessee is a turning point in American history.

Biden has invited the expelled Tennessee senators to the White House.

Trump has been found guilty of sexual assault.