Notable Deaths

This one is gonna hit hard.

He’s not out yet, but it’s coming.

2 Likes

Leiji Matsumoto has passed away.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/charmgardens/status/1627682655306129408

Ricou Browning passed; he played the swimming creature in the Creature From The Black Lagoon films. The last of the Universal Monsters has passed. RIP

1 Like

Topol. My guy.

Often an actor will be very strongly associated with a single character. Sometimes those actors go on to something else in life entirely besides acting. Sometimes they move onto other roles, hoping to be known for literally anything else at all. Degrees of success vary.

But Topol, this guy leaned into it. He wasn’t like a Sean Connery who wasn’t content to only be James Bond and nothing more. Topol was happy to be Tevye, thrilled even. Like a rock star who is sincerely content to play their greatest hits yet again.

RIP

3 Likes

Didn’t see that one coming.

The infamous drummer from Derek and the Dominoes has passed

Damn, Fosbury Flop deserves a cross post:

This one hurts. I’ve coincidentally been into things he’s starred in lately.

4 Likes

They put John Wick ahead of The Wire? Strange.

John Wick 4 comes out next week.

They also put his most active and longest-running project, Destiny, down 3/4ths of the way into the obit. It’s also the one he spoke about the most, he was a regular player, and he loved to interact with other guardians.

Remember when the New York Knicks won championships? No? Me either. I wasn’t born yet. RIP to a real Madison Square Garden legend.

1 Like

We used to talk about Moore’s law all the time. It held true for quite awhile, until it didn’t. The person after which the law was named was Gordon Moore. He was co-founder and later president of Intel. Unlike now where Intel’s leadership consists of people who only know about business and finance, Gordon was actually an expert at semiconductors. Your computing devices would not likely be what they are today if not for Gordon.

5 Likes

Klaus Teuber of Settler of Catan

7 Likes
1 Like