Things of Your Day

Not Just Bikes hating on SUVs is the relaxation I needed today :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, definitely. Obviously there are lots of other essays/rants out there on this topic, but he really covered the gamut of issues pretty well with this video. A+

Holy crap, this is amazing. Someone redrew the entirety of the 2nd OP for Nichijou, but with Kaguya-sama characters.

1 Like

I read through the DK Incredible Cross Sections book on the Victory so many times as a kid. I think I checked that out at least 2x a year from the library. Those books in general were very influential in me drawing technical things like boats and planes and eventually getting into art and design.

That book was excellent but due to the way it’s presented doesn’t give a wholistic view across the ship in those various states, so it can often feel vaster than it might actually be. Nor do tours of sailing vessels, which do illuminate many of the unique sights and smells and other sensations one can encounter on these old tubs, really get to show you all the inner works and how things connect while you’re inside up close and (often) with dim light. It’s hard to see some of the larger context from within.

This video does a great job of filling in some of that gap, showing more of the ship in various contexts as a whole, illustrating the different areas in isolation and in context. Also showing how so much of a ship of that time was versatile and re-configurable to make the most of what is indeed quite limited space for the amount of people (800+!!!) that would be stuffed inside.

2 Likes
1 Like

This article is a laugh riot.

I wouldn’t have known about this article if someone on Twitter didn’t screencap this excerpt.

(At least read all the stuff before these two paragraphs.)

It’s also a perfectly correct article. I have an old Brother laser printer. It’s basically the exact same as the one that is pictured, only a much older model. Still works. Still great. Still need nothing more. I’ve only ever had to replace the toner like, twice.

3 Likes
1 Like

What an ISP does?

I am very impressed that the business guy knows the tech stuff. That’s the sign of a good business. I think he’s right in that having an ISP like this definitely makes nerds want t move there. And New Britain, CT is actually a pretty affordable place to live, despite being just kind of a boring CT suburb. Used to go there to watch minor league baseball.

1 Like

Anime / pizza tower mashup.

This could be fun to check out.

2 Likes

I live in CT and have had GoNetSpeed for years. I’ve never had a problem with their service. Super impressed with them. Also way cheaper than everyone else and still wicked fast speeds.

Glad to hear the video isn’t just marketing lies.

I’m not sure if this has been posted already, it probably has because the video is 15 years old, but this short clip of Ricky Jay performing a card trick is just amazing and absolutely jaw dropping.

The man was a master.

2 Likes