Nintendo Switch

Now it’s N64 games? Funny how rumors escalate. I don’t know how good that service will be if real though, by then most games were third party and licensed which would greatly complicate things, and the first party titles worth putting out there would be like remade/remaster as is the trend at the time.

These Nintendo rumors are from the same people that said there would be a 4K Switch. Believe nothing until Nintendo says it.

2 Likes

Welp, I guess I’ll eat my words then. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

A pretty good selection of N64 Titles at launch (Same for Genesis) and pretty hype for the list of slated titles to come too.

Launch Lineup of Nintendo 64 Games

• Super Mario 64
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Star Fox 64
  • Sin and Punishment
  • Dr. Mario 64
  • Mario Tennis 64
  • WinBack
  • Yoshi’s Story

Upcoming Nintendo 64 Games (With More To Come!)

• Banjo-Kazooie
  • Pokémon Snap
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
  • Mario Golf
  • Paper Mario
  • F-Zero X

Launch Lineup of SEGA Genesis Games

• Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Castlevania: Bloodlines
  • Contra: Hard Corps
  • Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
  • Golden Axe
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • M.U.S.H.A.
  • Phantasy Star IV
  • Ristar
  • Shining Force
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Strider

My initial assumption was that the Genesis/Mega Drive collection would be useless to me, as I already have Mega Drive Classics, on switch which is a large collection of Mega Drive games. But looking at that list and comparing it with the game, there are quite a few games on that lineup that aren’t in Mega Drive Classics, Castlevania: Bloodlines, Contra: Hard Corps and Strider, being the biggest ones.

If the price isn’t bad I might get that pack, but currently still on fence about it.

The real question is whether I play Ocarina of Time and then Majora’s Mask soon or wait to see if they release a better version for the Switch. I haven’t played either yet.

@okeefe your question reminded me of this video. I say grab the GameCube disc if you can and then go nuts.

Looks like Jab got in touch.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-29/nintendo-switch-4k-developers-make-games-for-nonexistent-console

Timing on this indicates they likely revised plans during the pandemic, and the resultant component shortages and global shipping nightmares.

Looking forward to Nintendo Switch Sports

1 Like

Carby.

That is all.

1 Like

Front Mission remakes!!!

2 Likes
1 Like

This announcement is the only thing that made call Nintendo to fix my 2 factor authentication so I can buy the collectors edition when available tbh.

The date is set. Get ready because the Switch will be next. This is why I almost always buy a game on PC if available.

1 Like

What if… Nintendo let steam manage their game stores, exclusively for Nintendo devices.

Of course it will never happen, but, what if…

Buy your Nintendo games on steam, but they’re only playable on Nintendo devices.

Steam takes the burden, gains customers, Nintendo lose what?

the ability to monetize a remaster/re-release that they put out every other console generation.

1 Like

While the Wii U and 3DS eShops won’t officially close until March 2023, it is impossible to use credit cards or add funds on them. The only way to actually use those stores is to buy funds on the Switch Store and set up account sharing with your Wii U and 3DS and then merge your accounts so the funds you bought for the Switch can be used on your Wii U or 3DS.

I did this the other day when I bought some DLC for Fire Emblem, and it was a huge pain in the ass, but it did work.