Nintendo Switch

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw52XnXAjQS/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=zx8twe37fabn

To explain:

Japan is now in the Reiwa Era. Emperor Akihito stepped down and his son, Naruhito, is now emperor. The Heisei period has now ended, which started in 1989. So Nintendo used Super Mario Maker 2 to show their props to the entrance of the new era by making a level using the kanji for Reiwa (令和) in the level.

So pretty cool thing with history and all.

1 Like

I am taking applications for Team P(Ro).

I hope it works that way.

I unconsciously collected my childhood NES favorites on my Switch.

• Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon for Castlevania I, III
  • The Messenger for Ninja Gaiden
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection 1
  • Shovel Knight (haven’t actually cracked this one open yet)

Nintendo E3 news that matters:

They are making a direct sequel to BotW. I had assumed they started doing this as soon as BotW was released. There is basically always a Zelda game in development. I expect it to be out in 3-4 years. Maybe it will take a year less than usual if they reuse a lot of work from BotW.

Animal Crossing is coming Spring 2020. It’s tropical island Animal Crossing.

Banjo Kazooie and Dragon Quest are coming to Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Link’s Awakening Sept. 20.

Luigi’s Mansion 3 is co-op. Player 2 plays as “Gooigi” and dog-boo.

They are remaking Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) in 3D and that will come out later. BUT the real big news is that “Collection of Mana” is going to be released on Switch TODAY. It included ALL THREE games in English. That’s right. The long-awaited Seiken Densetsu 3 will be officially released in English today.

EDIT: It’s out already?

EDIT: They’re charging $40: but I will pay. A clear message must be send that all great games must be localized to all places on Earth.

Now we just wait for Mother 3.

2 Likes

This drastically complicates the Mario Standard Model.

4 Likes

Why did Waluigi move :arrow_upper_right: ?

This chart feels like it needs to be in 3d to more accurately depict the sypersymmetry relationship

I didn’t make this chart. I just looked for one in a hurry.

It doesn’t even account for recent research into a possible WaPeach and WaDaisy.

1 Like

Because the super-symetrical model proposes two types of “Wa-” charcters, one in which way SUPLIMENTS the first sylable of the name, and one in which it REPLACES it.

It doesn’t take into account the NO MAN’S MARIO. Tentatively named Wawaluigi.

Wawaluigi could only ever exist theoretically, as he would have to be an evil variant on an evil variant, a reflection of a shadow of a ghost that could never be made manifest.

It depends on the quanta of a Wa, similar to a Quark.

Wa Wa Luigi has three quantum components. It’s not clear if such a being is stable.

1 Like

I refuse to discard my Γuigi hypothesis!

1 Like

On the subject of Wawaluigi
https://youtu.be/mOBJwqvNuZw

I have zero basis for this, but I think we will see BotW2 in 2021.

It’s the Majora’s Mask situation (that was was made in one year) - I think the engine and art assets are such a large part of these games, and those can be reused here.

I can’t wait 3-4 years. I can’t.

I mean you will one way or the other :-p

1 Like

Mario Odyssey is on sale, so I picked it up. It will be my first 3D Mario.

This was the only game I was considering for their Game Vouchers sale gimmick, so not bothering with that worked out.

1 Like