Nintendo Switch

Between fire emblem and pokemon the vouchers already paid for themselves in my case.

I’m hoping the sale lasts until my payday, because I want Mario too. I was going to get Monster Hunter but now that dauntless is coming and free to play I have no reason to.

I used one voucher on Mario Maker 2 and the other is going to be used on Pokemon. That’s $20 saved I can use on lunch or something.

1 Like

As I’m pretty definitely getting Fire Emblem when it’s new, I’m going to go with voucher. I’ll figure out what to do with the other half that eventually. Getting Pokemon, if nothing else catches my interest.

1 Like

BotW 2 could certainly shave a year off the standard Zelda development cycle. It was stated in later interviews that it will use the same Hyrule (don’t know if that means it will use the same exact map or if that is more of a story note? But regardless. Should be saving a bunch of dev time). I don’t know why people were surprised that a second Zelda was coming?

Animal Crossing was delayed and Nintendo is stating it was so that the team wouldn’t have to crunch. Admirable. But it was pushed to 2 weeks before Nintendo’s fiscal year ends. You’d better believe folks will be crunching away if need be when that day comes. I wish profit were not the only measure of a company’s success.

For those of you wondering what the plot for BOTW2 is:

1 Like

There are some good deals on the Switch store right now like a 13 dollar War Groove.

Mario Maker 2 is out.

1 Like

Mark Brown is going to be playing and analyzing a bunch of Mario Maker 2 levels next week. If anyone has this game already, do you think you can make something for him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwj3On5o58U

I’m not interested unless I see that they fixed their joystick issues

Everyone: Hey Nintendo we want a D pad on the joycon so we can actually play games like tetris 99 and Mario Maker.

Nintendo: Ok fine, here it is on the $200 new model that you will not be able to detach or connect to a television

Yeah, I’m holding out a bit of hope for some updated joycons being released too, I’ve tried this party stuff and nothing comes close to the tendo ones, despite the lack of D pad and small size.

I want this to somehow impact the main Switch prices come this black friday/holiday season when I finally pickup a switch, but I figure it will not.

Phew, exactly the refresh that I’m not interested in.

Same. I want a really cheap one that ONLY works on a TV. You could make it without a screen and it would be really tiny and probably really cheap.

3 Likes

Actually might be interested for my Child.

I’m interested in getting one for my inner child.

2 Likes

I have a buddy who just said he was into the Switch Lite because 200 is a low enough barrier to then pick it up specifically for BOTW. I can see that, but for me I want to be able to slap a switch into a dock for fullscreen Smash or other multiplayer titles.

I just don’t want to bifurcate the audience so devs stop supporting non-switch lite functionality