Netflix Animated Shows

Possible epilepsy warning.

That’s some animatrix looking stuff.

I thought a bit more like Heavy Metal.

Like Aeon Flux maybe

Interestingly, it’s being produced by Rooster Teeth.

Are they in cahoots with the combiners guys? I was super psyched when I heard about a transformers web series, but that show was absolutely incomprehensible

After looking it up, it seems two of the writers of Combiner Wars (F.J. DeSanto and George Krstic) are joining this show. I can’t find anyone else beyond those two, though.

Also, Combiner Wars was produced by Machinima, which is now dead, so it won’t be involved.

We also have a cast page and synopsis:

Cast:
Adam Devine (Pitch Perfect) as Sam I Am
Michael Douglas (Ant-Man and the Wasp) as Guy Am I (aka: the guy who doesn't like Sam I Am or Green Eggs and Ham)
Ilana Glazer (Broad City) as Eb,
Diane Keaton (Book Club) as Michellee,
Keegan-Michael Key (Friends From College) as the Narrator
Eddie Izzard (The LEGO Batman Movie) as Snerz
Jeffrey Wright (Westworld) as McWinkle
Jillian Bell (Workaholics) as Gluntz
John Turturro (Transformers: The Last Knight) as Goat
Tracy Morgan (What Men Want) as Fox
Daveed Diggs (Blindspotting) as Mouse

Synopsis:
"The story of Green Eggs and Ham is like a postmodern Plains, Trains and Automobiles through the whimsical world of Dr. Seuss. Sam rescues the rare Chickeraffe from the Glurfsburg Zoo, hides it in a briefcase, and attempts to make his way to Meepville where he can charter a cold air balloon to take the Chickeraffe to his island home. Guy just flopped his last big chance at being a world famous inventor for the industrial Snerz Co. He packs up his invention in a briefcase and resigns to give up on his dreams and become a paint watcher.

A chance meeting at a diner with Sam, and a switch up with the briefcases results in these two unlikely souls getting mixed up on an adventure that takes them on a journey of self discovery. Our two mismatched heroes cross paths with overprotective Michellee, whose daughter, EB, desperately wants a pet, and falls madly in love with the Chickeraffe… despite her mother’s fears that it will eat off her face (it won’t). Michellee’s walled up heart also connects with the heart-hardened Guy. And a laborious love story begins. Our fakakta foursome are also unknowingly pursued by a bounty hunter goat, two bad guys, and a villain who’s out to get the Chickeraffee as his ultimate trophy."

These Dr. Seuss re-imaginings are getting weird as shit but I have to applaud the guts it takes to spin a children’s book into an entire series.

“I Want My Hat Back: The Series” please.

Well this looks fun. Reminds me a bit of Robot Carnival.

s/Hat/Dog/g

John Wick: the Series

Dragon Prince Season 2 has really remarkable representation going on. Alternative family structures are normal, non-hetero relationships are normal, and disabled people are valuable and powerful characters.

I dig it.

Also, it’s a cool-ass story.

How’s the animation? Did they fix the first season’s awkwardness?

Ehhhhh, it’s still a bit awkward here and there. I’d call it “alright.”

I think it’s better in season two. Better than season one at least.

The creators said they read all the complaints and criticisms about season one’s animation and tried to fix it in season two.