Miscellaneous Music Thread (Include a Description with your Embedded YouTube)

I thought I found something semi-obscure on Bandcamp, then when I looked for a youtube video to post here it had >6M views ¯_(ツ)_/¯

DJ Earworm’s annual United State of Pop is out.

Go watch his older ones if you haven’t seen them yet.

This song sounds like a song you know, but in fact came out years earlier.

Ruki Vverh, are a band I got into around the time I was obsessed with t.A.T.u so like… early 2000s and I remember some great songs like 18 mne uzhe, (from which I got my wow character’s name) and Ai Ai Ai. It wasn’t until recently I learned of the song linked above titled Pesenka. I think I enjoy this version better.

This was one of those songs that was caught and spammed by Youtube’s algorithm not too long ago. Not a bad choice by a long run.

This band has been scratching my early-era Battles itch as of late.

This has played a few times on the Apple Music “chill” “radio station”.

I’m beginning to think my emo/pop-punk phase will never end <3

I’m beginning to think my math-rock phase will never end <3

The classic Sailorwave tape gets a legit sequel:

Food and cute rapping.

That was originally my post, but it seems like the forum doesn’t like small content like that? So le me rephrase that:

Dear Josh, I’ve watched the video you posted, and I can’t figure out why I like it, it makes really no sense, it’s a vevo account so this is a legit band. So curse you Josh for introducing this to my life, it even has a Ultraman reference…

I don’t know what it is ¯_(ツ)_/¯

You like it because it’s… Cute ヾ (● '▽ `●) ノ

When Nidhogg II comes up in your Spotify Recommendations:

New +@ in March!

New Dorothy single. They’re leaving their blues punk roots for more power pop but I still dig it.

So shiny!

Back when I was in grade school I would use this song (among others) almost like a drug. It’s repetitive, serpentine sound would trigger a dissociative state in me. An out-of-body experience that would let me disconnect from everything on command. I would listen to this song endlessly as I would walk down empty fields and nearly vacated suburban streets on long listless walks back to my home at the edge of town. It was how I would process a lot of the pains of growing up. One of the greatest tragedies of my childhood was losing the ability to trigger this state, it felt like if some sort of power, a secret part of myself was taken from me. I was so upset I completely shunned this song and then eventually forgot about it. A couple of days ago among a bunch of things my parents sent me was an old external hard drive that miraculously still worked. Among old music I made, drawings that were far more telling than I realized, old chat logs with people I don’t remember, and school work about things I have since forgotten was this very album in an unnamed folder. It felt like discovering some long lost treasure, some part of myself that I had tucked in a corner, unnoticed but still missing.