MAGFest 2018

Scrap the emergency, but for those coming on Wednesday here is the concert likeup @Axel

https://m.facebook.com/events/279555802558215?view=permalink&id=311774946002967&acontext={“ref”%3A"29"%2C"ref_notif_type"%3A"admin_plan_mall_activity"%2C"action_history"%3A"null"}&notif_t=admin_plan_mall_activity&notif_id=1514763766278707&ref=m_notif

Also don’t forget tabletop area has a soft open and games will be playing there like crazy

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQkfxcB8WBA

Weather’s gonna suck Thursday. Plan your travel accordingly.

1 Like

Thankfully I’m driving down today. Jeez.

It’s here!  

1 Like

A grand time was had by all, and chances are if I was near you, you could spot me pretty easily!

3 Likes

I took selfies with all the furries I could find but I don’t think I saw you around! I was only on the lookout from 6 pm afterwards, especially saturday.

2 Likes

I forgot just how much I missed MagFest until I got there.

(also rym you goddamn nerd for avoiding me all weekend)

1 Like

Heh, I kinda accidentally ended up avoiding the hosts all weekend. I was falling asleep in their first panel (tired from the drive and lack of sleep the prior night) and then had other things to do during the following three. Made sure to catch the last one as I knew that one was new, was worth but the problem with magfest remains there is too much cool stuff to do and only one me to do all of them.

I barely managed to meet up with most of the people I’ve known for years let alone meet new people. I probably would’ve had more incentive to seek out Rym and Scott if there had been a Rampart cabinet this year.

1 Like

I mainly hung out with the group I roomed with last year and didn’t see a lot of folk. Everyone is busy, and I never have anyone who wants to just concert it up with me.

Sorry to next an old thread but this is a “review” of MAGFest from a harrasment point of view.

2 Likes

One of the panels guys should reach out and inform them that we’re aware of how “regressive factions” act and we compensate.

1 Like

I think the time has come for MAGFest to make a zero tolerance policy against public drugs, alcohol, intoxication, etc. Get drunk in your room party. Get drunk in the bars in National Harbor. Go nuts. But at MAGfest itself. In the Gaylord, NOPE. Badge revocation on first offense.

3 Likes

I agree, but given the number of open containers, flasks, and fifths I saw presented brazenly in the open, it’s an uphill battle.

I know a lot of folks for whom MAG is about getting drunk with friends, so it is certainly a fight for what MAG’s culture is.

Yeah, but it’s a serious liabilty issue at this point, and it’s just a matter of time before someone fucks up bad enough to cause something to happen.

1 Like

Feel free to get drunk with friends, just not in the common areas with strangers about.

3 Likes