MAGFest 2018

Prepare the wallets and F5 keys, we are officially on the Soon timeline…

not going to sell out :-p

Notifications are being set.

Tickets yes, hotels are another story…

2 Likes

Thankfully I seem to have acquired a group that I can hotel with if it becomes an issue. But I don’t know that I want to rely on them.

Ok, so plan is… get tickets, reserve hotel, and if in Australia come magfest time, cry.

Alas, MAGFest is not in the stars for us in 2018. ;_; It is my favorite con, so I am super bummed.

Damnit, I’m going to be away for a week. Better not be that soon.

Why are they waiting so long to announce dates this go-round? It is kinda BS. I am assuming that I cannot make it based on the usual dates. However, if that assumption is wrong, I may be able to go. Don’t they know that many people have to request vacation time off way in advance, particularly if it is near New Years Day?

There is a very short but logical answer that I can not say until the thing is announced sadly it is a legit reason.

Survey for anyone who wants to see any new MAGMerch

http://sable.madmimi.com/c/19580?id=466746.1575.1.ac2839635bb902efc0ae2a3096dd9c71

I didn’t go to MAGFest this year to save money. I regretted it soooooooooo much.

Not making that mistake again.

In terms of Magfest merch, I’d really like a magfest baseball cap. Preferably a good quality one, not a trucker cap. I would wear that fairly often, switching between that and my NY Giants cap.

1 Like

Interesting hotel policy, was there really a problem with people booking rooms “just in case”?

You be surprised how much people wanted to go nuclear with putting the full amount down. In reality it’s just a supply and demand issue and people not knowing about how that works. Personally I think it’s overkill but should calm down people who think the process is unfair.

[quote=“GeorgePatches, post:14, topic:819, full:true”]
Interesting hotel policy, was there really a problem with people booking rooms “just in case”?
[/quote]I’ve done that at a huge percentage of the cons we attend. Can’t risk not having a room.

I just got a room at the adjacent Res Inn. No money down but a credit card on file. Standard operating procedure, this isn’t a big deal.

[quote=“Naoza, post:17, topic:819, full:true”]
I just got a room at the adjacent Res Inn. No money down but a credit card on file. Standard operating procedure, this isn’t a big deal.
[/quote]Just looked at that myself, it’s pricey. What was the rate at the Gaylord last year?

I don’t know what the gaylord costs, I’ve never stayed there. This place is almost ~$380 a night. And it’s definitely costly but that’s the price of doing business. I’m not commuting to magfest so I pay ~1200 to attend the con. Now just comes seeing how many friends I can split this between.

cough there are other local hotels that are much better and MUCH cheaper.