Lego

Somehow I completely missed this new LEGO Ideas set: Jazz Quartet. This is amazing and I immediately ordered it from their website. The upright bass player and the drummer especially are incredible.

1 Like

Make a club/lounge that has food, drinks, light music, and LEGO bricks.

1 Like

those would be some greasy and/or sticky lego bricks in short order.

Pretty cool project. The on-board video in the river was pretty interesting to watch. It never went too deep, one of the reasons probably because water attenuates RF signals significantly. I wonder if you trailed an antenna wire that would float at the surface if you could safely go deeper.

This is very weird but also very cool:

3 Likes

Might have to find a way to make room for this.

Wishing I had 500 dollars to drop on this set. Looks great.

1 Like

I donā€™t have the space for this at all and I do not care one bit.

GIVE ME MY PRECIOUSSSSSSS

1 Like

yeah I really liked all the little touches in the custom print stickers and other objects.

1 Like

Yeah, they have so many little touches like Bilbo writing his book, Aragorn talking to Boromir while looking at Narsil, etc.

Maybe Iā€™m wrong about this, but this seems to give even more credence to the rumor that LEGO is going to release a giant Zelda set soon:

This Piranha Plant is awesome! Iā€™m going to keep it at work.

Legoā€™s other Super Mario stuff hasnā€™t interested me in the slightest, with their ugly, blockheaded characters and their mini level-based sets. I wouldnā€™t mind the mini NES, but I donā€™t need the TV.

This, however, is standalone and perfect.

This is some galaxy brain LEGO biz

Why do you tempt me so LEGO??!!!

Why???

Its nice, but its not Rivendell level of oh my gosh I have no justification to blow money on this

New set to pair with Rivendell:

4 Likes

Thankful I live in a small apartment. My rent may be thousands, but it just saved me $450 in preventing me from buying this.

1 Like

Update: If you buy it between June 1 and June 7, youā€™ll also get the ā€œFell Beastā€ bonus set, with pose-able wings and a NazgĆ»l minifig:

Considering that I live in a somewhat decent-sized townhouse, Iā€™m very tempted to get this set to go with my Rivendell.

2 Likes

Rivendell didnā€™t interest me in the slightest, but Iā€™m more likely than not getting Barad-dĆ»r. The sides are sectional. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s horizontally sectional so I can layer it across shelves.

Barad-dƻr is dangerously close to tempting me.

2 Likes