It's Handegg Season

Q. How good are pros?

A. Dude is lined up on the other side of the star.

Such high level genius:

Patriots: Intentional delay of game penalty to get better position for a punt.

Jets: Declining that penalty.

Patriots: Intentional false start penalty to get better position.

Jets: Decline that penalty.

Patriots: Actually punt from the original position, but way more than 40 seconds got taken off the clock.

1 Like

Forgive me ignorance of football rules. I think I see the loophole but I have questions, meaning I likely donā€™t see the loophole.

Why couldnā€™t the Jets just accept these penalties? Would that have given the pats another down in worse position?

Sometimes you actually want to move backwards to punt from a better position.

Thereā€™s a thing called a ā€œtouchbackā€ where if the ball itself hits the endzone or goes past it OR a receiving player catches it in the endzone and takes a knee then play starts at the 20 yard line automatically. So you might actually want to get a penalty, loose a few yards, so that your punt guy has a greater chance of landing the ball in the 0-10 yard area without it becoming a touchback.

2 Likes

Why burn your trick against the Jets? Why not save it in your back pocket until, I dunno, the playoffs?

First of all, the trick isnā€™t burned. If this situation arises again, what is the opposing team going to do about it? They only have two options. They either let the penalty stand, and give the punting team the field position they want or they decline the penalties and lose time on the clock.

Unless the NFL changes the rules, which they never do during the season, then thereā€™s nothing anyone can do about this.

Also, even when youā€™ve got 30+ points and the Jets have 0, this is professional sports where you play to win. Every moment of the game, no matter what the score is, you put in the full effort with winning and getting the highest score possible as your goal. The Patriots do that, and nobody else does. Even in garbage time, they will get every advantage they can.

Player of Games.

Alex Smithā€™s whole family got in on a self-deprecating leg injury Halloween costume.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4TwBYCJdyw/?igshid=180bj49slfl0n

1 Like

Being a Seahawks fan is no good for blood pressure, but I love this team.

Best football conditions happening in NY right now:

1 Like

The Mets have won a game more recently than the Giants and itā€™s December.

Ron Rivera out of Carolina.

Hopefully his next stop is the Meadowlands because the G-Men are pooop, and I donā€™t think any better coaches are available.

Do you think Riverboat is a great coach? Would you rather have known serviceable or chance at great, given the Giantsā€™ performance lately?

I mean, heā€™s not some all time great, I just think heā€™s among the best who are available.

Peyton HC
Eli OC

Wow, thatā€™s some expanding brain. I donā€™t think it can ever happen. Peyton wants to be an owner, not a coach. Eli probably wants to live the quiet comfortable life with the family. But if there was a way to make it happen, Iā€™d take it in a heartbeat, even if we never win a single game. The media circus and fun factor would be so worth it.

1 Like

Philly eliminated. No evil teams remain?