It's Handegg Season

My local brewery released a new beer.

https://www.facebook.com/ballisticbeer/photos/a.990878714362617.1073741828.905323559584800/1608376109279538/?type=3

Leave it to the team with the racist name to have the worst story of cheerleader abuse so far.

Mlassy and respetcable NYC teams donā€™t even have cheerleaders. Rest of the league will soon follow.

Dan Snyder is the kind of owner that any other league would have jettisoned years ago.

Waiting for the Mark Cuban buys the washington team story.

American football as we know it has been Kenshiroā€™d.

:thinking:

What is this rule designed to fix? Seems like some crazy implications for on-side kicksā€¦

Less injuries and penalties, I guess? Iā€™ve seen some pretty bad hits on returners from gunners.

I think the stats show them that punts have less injuries than kickoffs. Therefore, they are changing the formation to be more punt-like.

Kickoffs are the worst

I am not looking forward to hearing about the NFLs new standing for the anthem rule from family in the next few days. I feel like I would explode if I cared so much about whether a grown man stands or sits for two minutes.

1 Like

The fact that the Giants sucked so much last year, plus all this other crap has all but killed handegg for me. Leā€™ts just kill it already.

Right now the rumor of anthem rules are:

Can stay in locker room
Do ANYTHING on field and pay massive fines.

Nice to know my stance of not watching NFL games has become more secure if this is true.

3 Likes

I admit I watch the NFL when my team is playing, but only then. The latest crap has not made me change my mind about it at all.

Iā€™ll still support the team that I root for, but the rest of the league can go fuck itself for all I care.

Twitter and here is full of people on their high horses. Good for you if you donā€™t watch it. I donā€™t care if you do or do not. If it makes you feel good about yourself, well here is a nice pat on the back. pat

Wow. You are a pioneer in sticking it to the man.

I love how people can make comments and provide nothing of substance towards remedying the actual issue. Mostly white boys making these self-congratulatory/masturbatory statements when the majority of NFL players are PoC/black so them having much vested interest in the NFL was minimal to begin with.

Yes, I understand that football has many problems with health of players and not watching it is your way of showing you donā€™t support it. Thatā€™s the MOST minimal/basic thing you can do. A lot of these players come from underprivileged backgrounds and use the NFL for a better future for them and their family.

You can actually do something constructive and contact your sports team/State NFL owner and express your concern, but fuck your high horse.

And yes, Iā€™m in the process of writing Paul Allen. He is overall a good dude/rich guy that has a history of pro-social rights/activism.

That sounds like a waste of perfectly good time. No one is required to shout into the void on principle. The owners and the NFL do not care what people think of them as long as the dollars keep rolling.

1 Like

No high horse here, just a lack of interest due to many things I do not agree with the NFL league. If you watch it thatā€™s cool no shame there. Just not for me.

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty much how I feel as well. The NFL doesnā€™t give a ratā€™s ass so long as the dollars keep coming in, so I wonā€™t give them my money if I donā€™t support what the league is doing. Iā€™ll watch my team on TV (those dollars have already sailed), but not buy any merch. And this despite the fact that I do support Kaepernick, both in the message heā€™s trying to send and in the method heā€™s using to send it.

Also, going to show that itā€™s more about money and not about PoC or anything, even the Jacksonville Jaguars owner, who is a Pakistani dude, has basically come out in favor of the current anthem policy. The NFL, rightly or wrongly, views the anthem protests as costing them money, and thatā€™s the only reason why theyā€™re raising a big stink about it. Heck, the only reason why players are out during the anthem to begin with is because the Department of Defense paid the NFL a bunch of cash a few years back to do so. Again, it all comes down to money.

When Packers are in the news, itā€™s for good reasons.

As I was saying.

Dr. Rodgers!