Fruit

A banana isn’t fully ripe until it’s covered in brown spots.

You put them in the freezer when the peel is completely darkened.

You people and your under-ripe bananas.

2 Likes

My color blindness really hampers my ability to assess banana ripeness.

1 Like

The best thing about summer is Rainier cherries.

Also Star Fruit or any fruit in Hawai’i with that mysterious red powder is the best!

3 Likes

I’m eating cherries right now.

1 Like

You’re a monster :stuck_out_tongue: But as far as banana ripeness I like them when they’ve just turned yellow all over but haven’t gone dark yellow yet.

Mango is my favourite fruit. There are quite a few subspecies which are bland and trash but the best ones, I forget there name are amazing and are best eaten by making a criss-cross cut on the top and squeezing the flesh out into your mouth.

The cheaper bland version is great for making jam, mango lassi, mango yogurt and mixer for juices. Also great with ice cream or yogurt.

Grapefruit is great, I guess you get shit grapefruit in the northern hemisphere.

Peach is definitely greater than apple.

Apples and oranges by themselves are trash.

Counting shit that is labelled as juice isn’t juice.
Go get that fruit and actually juice it or pay someone to.

Yisssssssssssss

1 Like

100% juice is still really bad for you. Oh look I can squeeze a fruit and get all the sugar without any of the actual nutrition! Even a “fresh squeezed homemade artisinal” glass of fruit juice has as much sugar as a can of coke.

1 Like

I’m thinkin’ take mango - pit + ice in blender then drink.

Never understood why my mom put sugar on Strawberries when I was young.

2 Likes

In a dessert setting it can work, especially if they’re out of season. To keep them from seemingly too tart in comparison to other dessert components.

But just by themselves, yeah that seems unnecessary.

1 Like

It also makes them juice up, if you want some syrup with it.

If you don’t live where apples are grown, you get shit apples. The best ones go bad fast.

Also, you clearly have never had a mikan.

4 Likes

There’s a Chinese fruit called a yumberry that’s only ripe for ~2 weeks in early summer. Let’s just say that it’s aptly named.

You also don’t get to experience the wonder that is the cider donut. Growing up, I just assumed everyone in the US had access to them.

3 Likes

Growing up in NC I definitely was not a huge fan of apples. Now that I live in NY, I have access to many more varieties and know more about how to store them to keep them good for as long as possible.

Red “Delicious” and anything related to it is fucking bullshit and should not exist. The name is a marketing lie. Do not be fooled.

Also cider donuts = cake donuts = not real donuts. Why don’t you people have fucking Krispy Kreme up here? Fucking heathens.

Fuck Krispy Kreme that shit is gross a wad of grease and sugar. Cake donut >>>>> fried donut.

2 Likes

Honey Crisps for life!

2 Likes

Here in Kentucky you can’t be too choosy with your apple variety, you have to go with whatever doesn’t look overripe/bruised as shit. Gala and Fuji are usually your best bets.

Also, plain oranges are pretty hit and miss. I’ve mostly had to convert over to clementines and tangerines.

We get everything fresh here.
It’s an excess of riches.
A mandarin is not an orange.
The vegetable market has new stuff twice a week, 10 minutes from my house. Also I’ve visited orchards when living in rural areas. I guess you don’t understand the concept of subjective versus objective.

Wow you have a simple notion of juice. Obviously just making it out of the one fruit is bad for you.
Juice I’m having right now is made up of - 6 celery stalks, 2 broccoli florets, 1/4 fennel bulb, bunch of kale, bunch of spinach, inch or so of garlic, 1/4 lemon and 1 apple.

Man it’s so bad for me. Where did you study nutrition? The school of generalisation and drinking sugar water out of a box?
I’ll ring you when my diabetes kicks in.

Regardless of health that fruit slurry sounds pretty foul.