Fruit

Yeah, it tends to get bitter or just be kinda bland. But when you get it perfectly ripe it’s super good. Although I prefer honeydew over cantaloupe.

https://frinkiac.com/caption/S11E12/1124560

Those are nashi.

I love grapefruit. A ripe Grapefruit is yumm, and I don’t need no stinking sugar.

Also peach is absolutely superior to Apple, what you on?!

My faves : Mangosteen, pomegranate, cherimoya, passionfruit, kyoho grape, Muscat grape.

I also love lime and cranberry as utility fruits. Apple pie is the best pie. The white & red Alpine strawberries and white raspberries in my garden are life. Fruit in general is the bomb, but I am generally bored by melons and figs are too crunchedy.

1 Like

Sprinkling sugar on fruit is crazy

Any other fruit and I’m in agreement with you, I just need sometime to take the bitter edge off.

I love a banana sandwich with sprinkled sugar.

If it’s combined with other foods foods it’s fine, but just fruit and sugar is weird.

If you want some next-level fig shit, make fig salami some time.

http://www.thekitchn.com/fig-salami-cured-and-ready-to-101899

5 Likes

Fig salami you say?

GIVE TO SCOTT

1 Like

Oral allergy syndrome means apples are a no go for me. Also, ripe bananas are disgusting, green or go home.

1 Like

Rym has allergy problems with apples also. The problem is apparently related to some pollen that is on the apple. You may be able to avoid it by washing them very thoroughly or peeling them. Not sure if it’s worth the risk to find out, though.

Also, while I am fine eating a banana that is a bit green, there is a such thing as being too green. Also this comic.

2 Likes

plantains on the other hand… wrapped in an egg roll wrapper, fried, and dusted with powdered sugar: DELICIOUS. and you don’t wait for them to turn yellow.

1 Like

Raw plantains are gross, regardless of ripeness level.

Cooked plantains of all varieties are hereby ordered to get in my mouth ASAP.

1 Like

For kids, anyway.

My weakness is Mandarin Oranges. One time at Christmas my brother in law and I sat and ate most of a crate of them between us and my mother in law was mad as hell.

My first exposure to plantains was buying one by accident thinking it was a banana, and then trying to eat it like a banana. It wasn’t the best introduction.

2 Likes

Last time we visited family in Japan, we picked up a huge bag of delicious mikans at an unmanned stall for 100yen. They are the best of the mini orange.

Yes, green is a must! As soon as I start seeing spots, it’s time for banana bread. My other favorite use is to throw the banana in a blender with a bit of milk, a scoop of peanut butter, and some vanilla extract. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Ooo, I will have to try these! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Oooooohhhh mikans… I have yet to find tiny oranges in The States that are as good as the mikans I had both times I went to Japan for school. I have come close but there is a certain something to the mikans.