Fruit

I’m glad I’m not the only grapefruit hater here.

I think it’s just “bad” for you in the sense that it’s mostly the fructose in large quantities compared to the actual fruit and none of the fiber from the pulp. Plus they can have added sugars sometimes.

1 Like

For the record this isn’t some… like documentary. It’s a lecture about how damn awful fructose is in all it’s forms. It drills down to the level of biochem diagrams. If you took biochem you wanna scream and if you didn’t you wanna go to sleep. (I watched it before and after taking biochem.

Purple stuff… AWW YEAH SUNNY D!

A grapefruit cut in half with just a little sugar is the perfect proportion of sweet to sour and one of my favorite fruits, but yeah grapefruit on its own is pretty garbage.

1 Like

My favorite fruit is the water pear. Not other fruit I’ve tried has that awesome dry tart flavor that I love. Other than that any sour fruit is ace to me.

If you want pro tier, kiwi lemonade.

Cantaloupe is delicious, along with most other fruits.

Mangos are weird because to me they smell like warm sweet garbage and taste delicious. My brain has a hard time when I cut up a ripe one.

As a kid I loved mangos, but as an adult there’s something off-putting about them, I think they just seem overripe to me no matter whether or not they’re in their prime.

A good cantaloupe is one of my favorites, but I’ll concede that there’s like a 45 minute window where they go from hard and flavorless underripe to overripe mushy garbage pit. Gotta act quick when the cantaloupe is ripe!

What is up with people not liking cantaloupe? Personally cantaloupe is one of those things where when it’s good, it’s really good, But if it’s under or overripe even a little bit, then it has some bad properties. I think people who don’t like it probably haven’t had the high quality cantaloupe at the perfect ripeness level. It’s actually not that easy to come by, at least in NY.

1 Like

I’m meh on most melon type fruits. Now pineapple, that’s a fruit.

2 Likes

Is there a fruit out there with a flavor similar to pears, but with a texture closer to a nice crisp apple? If so, that would be the god fruit!

Pineapple goes on pizza. Fight me.

8 Likes

http://www.kingsburgorchards.com/applepears

Yes.

There is a whole world of hybrid fruits out there. The oldest one I can remember is the Tangelo.

1 Like

Lemons are in fact a man made hybrid.

Oh snap! I gotta try me some of these!

Pineapple goes on pizza but pineapple doesn’t ONLY go on pizza.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve really met a fruit I didn’t like, though I do have some gaps with the less common types. As far as top tier goes, I go with strawberries, blackberries, kiwis, and mangoes. Most of the other fruits I consume come in the form of juices, particularly when mixed with alcohol. I generally try to avoid fruit though because of the high sugar content.

Fruits I don’t like:
Grapefruit
Figs

Figs are like, the fruit of god. WTF.

4 Likes