Fail of Your Day

For the past 3 weeks I have been trying to get mixer.com to work on my pc, for whatever reason it stopped after I did some configuration changes to it and finally found the answer as to why it was not working: I had my VPN on headsmack

Isn’t that the thing that’s trying to compete with Twitch? In what way is it better?

User interaction API.

Also, smaller platform == better chance to stand out.

User Interaction API is interesting. Twitch kinda has that already though, you know, the home of SaltyBet and Twitch Plays.

Big Fish in small pond is meh. What’s the difference between having 10 viewers on a site where nobody has more than 10 viewers, and having 10 viewers on Twitch? Might not hurt to use Restream.io to broadcast to both, though.

My understannding is that Twitch Plays Pokemon and SaltyBet either just scrape chat or use an external site for their interactoin, whereas you could theoretically play a full boardgame against the audience using voting buttons with Mixxer.

I won’t comment on the pond vs fish debate, but I see his logic.

Do they or a third party provide apps built on the API already, or do you have to make them yourself?

Some games have itneractivity built in, and I would assume there’s an API.

Basically Mixer is going in a direction with more interactivity I am looking to do with my streams. For example that delay you get with Twitch? Doesn’t exist. All “flare” is contained within the chat box meaning that if you do not want to see any of it you can hide it easily. In addition the API stuff you can do with the audience is insane and has not been tapped with yet. Including dynamic polls in real time and pub quiz events during a broadcast. Also know that twitch thing with 4 people at once? Mixer has that but with 100+ people (see fortnite match, the person you are following loses, it will auto jump to the leader of the match and you follow them)

Basically I do not want to be gamer in corner playing game but rather a facilitator of group games and mixer is the way to go. For now restream.io to twitch and YouTube to broaden audience, I am not looking to be the next MLG streamer, but upping my Internet points to go to conventions and other events more easily is an obtainable thing.

Hmm, maybe this Mixer is worth looking into then.

Apparently for the last, well, approx 2 years I’ve been paying for 2 separate subscriptions to Adobe Creative Cloud and barely used either.

I’m going to see what my options are. I recall 2 years ago getting a replacement credit card which as a result, after it couldn’t charge to the old one I was told due to the payment issue it cancelled my account. I was unable to get the old one re-started, So I had to sign up for a new one. And so I had it charge directly to an account vs going thru some credit card. Apparently the first account got un-cancelled at some point? And then only now, when I go and get another replacement credit card and the Adobe started failing again, did I notice this issue. (because honestly who clicks on their Adobe profiles for no good reason when things are working?)

If I don’t get decent resolution from this I’m going to be frustrated with Adobe. It should be abundantly clear I did not use both plans, and that I only intended to have one, and that due to billing errors and their stupid system insisting my old profile be cancelled and I had to start a new one fresh did I even have this problem.

@Apreche I know in the mixer discord they have a developer room there if you feel like poking around

Come home and attempted to work on PC cat throws up on keyboard now need new keyboard.

Try the dishwasher. If it’s already vomited on, can’t hurt!

Maybe try some disinfecting wipes?

Working with the wipes and qtips, so far no dice, next with be the diswasher

In the event that it doesn’t work out, what type of keyboard do you use?
PS/2? USB? Wireless?

Being so bored at work on a really slow day that you get dragged into a twitter fight the depths of which you’ve not seen since the phpbb days.

2 Likes

tenor

Mixed feeling of the day?

Had a black patch on my arm that the doctor removed for testing, scary. Got results today, not cancer. But still got reffered to a dermatologist because I’m at higher risk of melanoma. So not Yay at all. I don’t know. :upside_down_face:

1 Like