Fail of Your Day

4 Likes

I have never understood the aversion to hygiene thing among certain types of nerds. Like I -have- to take a shower every day before I go to bed. I feel gross and itchy if I don’t, never mind the social consequences. Where does this mindset come from? Laziness? Conscious rejection of social norms as a fuck you to society? Bad upbringing?

You know how occasionally you have a lazy bum day at home? You don’t go out, play games for hours, get food delivered. don’t shower, and wear PJs all day? Lots of sad/lonely people do that almost every day, and it becomes their normal.

My guess is desensitization from their own funk, as they don’t get any negative reinforcement about it. Perhaps because of lack of people around them, or maybe those that are are also used to it.

Luckily PAX East tends to be low on the stank level, with one very clear and odorous outlier.

Edit: Scott beat me to it.

Even on one of those days, I usually shower. A long hot shower is one of the best parts of a lazy day. Or at least, I shower the day before or after. :wink:

A big factor, I’ve realized from years of cons, is clothes. They don’t wash their clothes. Good god they don’t wash their clothes.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/qAubcPOQw3s

Got fired from new job. Did 30 hours training at a local deli 5 days in row. Got a message saying “We don’t feel you are fit for this job because it’s physically demanding.” 5 shifts in a row where I worked for 6 hours with no time allowed for breaks or meals. Weight discrimination is legal in 49 out of 50 states.

That fucking sucks.

Pretty sure the law requires at least two 15 minute breaks over six hours…

2 Likes

Not in all states sadly.

On Wednesday a gas explosion blew up a building in downtown, killing the owner of the coffee shop in the building and destroying the offices of another business. I keep seeing headlines online about some rich guy’s Porsche collection that was damaged.

The only person I know with a car collection that is in Manhattan is Seinfeld. Even if you’re wealthy I honestly don’t understand why keep a car collection in Manhattan itself. Just put a big old garage out in the sticks, or even Long Island. You can pick up the car there on your way to the Hamptons. Instead of that garage in Manhattan, you could have more living space, or even apartments that you rent out and make you richer.

1 Like

Were they, like, historically significant cars? Did he have the convertible Kennedy was shot in? No? Who gives a fuck.

1 Like

Space isn’t as expensive here but that’s basically what everyone I know has thought about this garage for the last decade.

The highlighted sentence is bad, but that last sentence breaks something in my brain.

I’m with Scott on this one. If you live in New York, and you’re rich enough to have a legit capital-Cs Car Collection, you’re rich enough to store it somewhere much cheaper. There’s only three amounts of cars you should have in New York, in ascending levels of cashed up - None, one, and two. Any more than two in New York without a real good reason, even if you’re rich, is just dumb. Even if you’ve got a brownstone and reserved parking, two is the limit.

1 Like

Agree with both of you here. If you’re rich enough to insist on having a private Car Collection in the middle of New York City, the only reason to have it in the middle of New York City is for some sort of virtual penis wagging… There is no other reason I can fathom for it.

If you’re going to stick it in the middle of NYC and not want to look like you’re wagging your virtual penis, oh, I dunno, make it open to the public as a museum at least part time I guess… Then at least it will serve a purpose in the middle of the city.

That one’s in Detroit, the Henry Ford Museum along with 3 other presidential cars. Only know this because I was back in Michigan this weekend visiting my family and we spent Saturday there.

And then Sunday, we got up and had to put my brother’s dog to sleep. That was all kinds of not fun.

1 Like

What are the other three?

Memory refreshed and double-checked here. It’s actually 4 others

• Teddy Rosevelt’s carriage
  • FDR’s Limo, a 1939 Lincoln
  • Eisenhower 1950 Lincoln
  • A 1972 Lincoln that they tag to Regan, but was used from Nixon onward
1 Like

Notre Dame is burning. :frowning:

1 Like