Fail of Your Day

First post from the old Forum:

Sail:

Consider this thread to be the evil half-brother of “Things of Your Day”. Instead of posting things that are awesome, post things that are made of epic fail.

I just gashed my elbow into a doorframe. It hurt, but I didn’t realize I was bleeding until just a few minutes ago. Now I’ve got blood all over my shirt. Ewww.

UncleUlty December 2016
^ That is a reality that I live with on a regular basis. Colitis is the stuff gypsy curses are made of.

The colonoscopy was a success, though with one interesting note. I had the high-larious idea to tell a joke to the doctor right as he was putting me under, and then deliver the punchline right as I woke up. However, I went out before I could tell him, “What did one snowman say to the other snowman?”, so I randomly woke up after the procedure and immediately said, “Smells like carrots.” with no context.

And now for my fail:

Reaches up and takes down all the numbers on a “Days since someone posted Nazi propaganda to /r/anime” sign, so that it reads 0

[quote=“Neito, post:1, topic:210”]
Reaches up and takes down all the numbers on a “Days since someone posted Nazi propaganda to /r/anime” sign, so that it reads 0
[/quote]I should be surprised, but I’m not.

I do still kinda want to see it, though. See what Anime nazi dogfuckers are about lately.

I watched about a minute of the 29 minute video. It was mostly shilling for his other documentaries (at least one of which seems to attempt to deny that Hitler was a white supremacist) intermixed with claims such as “Israel did 9/11”, in Impact font, over a random clip from some generic moetrash.

[quote=“Neito, post:3, topic:210, full:true”]
I watched about a minute of the 29 minute video. It was mostly shilling for his other documentaries (at least one of which seems to attempt to deny that Hitler was a white supremacist) intermixed with claims such as “Israel did 9/11”, in Impact font, over a random clip from some generic moetrash.
[/quote]Who has the over-under on how long it will take until they homebake a cute-girls-doing-things-cutely show/comic about cute girls who are nazi arseholes?

I thought today was Tuesday and went to work, when it is indeed Monday and I have the day off.

1 Like

I read this at work, lightly giggled, thought to myself, hmm. Been quiet in slack today. I should check the calendar. Goddamnit.Welp, thanks guess I’m going home.

I think I clicked the wrong time when I bought my MAGFest bus tix. No big deal. It’s not sold out. I can just change it, but it will cost me like $5 extra.

Fail of my day: my post about the colonoscopy will now be at the top of this thread forever. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well for the next ten or fifteen years or so. Thanks for taking a bullet for me on that one.

@TomcatHamilton on Twitter is taken. So much for my debaucherous Hamilton roleplay idea. At least I have /u/TomcatHamilton on Reddit.

Was told to fuck off and mocked for suggesting that gmail is a better alternative to hotmail. I don’t know who this is worse for.

1 Like

Not my Fail, but the fail of a furry little fellow having a very bad and confusing evening tonight.

So, we’ve got some rats and/or mice in our place. One of the hazards of living attached to an old building, and living with people who leave food out on occasion. So, naturally, I set some traps - big, big rat-traps, the kind that would break your finger if they caught you. And I did the usual, filed the trigger round at the tip to remove any burrs, so they go off real easy.

So, I’ve set them, and a few minutes later, I hear an almighty SNAP like someone’s broken a branch upstairs very quickly followed by something hitting metal, so I swing up to check it out, and see one of the traps was triggered, but no rodent. Weird. So, I check the trap, to see if we’ve just got real clever pests around here, or if it just went off because it was moved a bit by the wind(fair strong winds here at the moment), or what have you. And I notice a tooth-mark on the bait, and I’m standing there trying to figure out how the little bastard was fast enough to escape, when I realized - the tooth-mark, for the way rats bite, was on the wrong side of the bait.

So I scan around, and sure enough, sitting on the top of my range hood was a small, thoroughly stunned and enormously confused rat. The fucker had hopped on the trap from the wrong side, and instead of the bar hitting him, it threw the furry little bastard across the room, square into the metal chimney of the range hood.

And before you ask, no, I have not caught him, when I realised what happened I cracked up, and was laughing to hard to actually get the bastard, it managed to escape. I’ve re-set the trap, and honestly at this point, I don’t care if I end up with a dead rat, or just a repeat performance of the acrob-rat.

4 Likes

For better results jam a sunflower seed hard into the metal spike on the piece that holds the arm down. Also use peanut butter.

I have had mice strip a trap bare without setting it off. I have also found dead mice in my traps with their stomachs eaten open by other mice who wanted to eat those same seeds.

[quote=“hmtksteve, post:13, topic:210”]
For better results jam a sunflower seed hard into the metal spike on the piece that holds the arm down. Also use peanut butter.
[/quote]I went for the double whammy - it’s baited with chocolate that has little chunks of peanut butter stuff inside, kind of like a bar version of a reece’s peanut butter cup.

[quote=“hmtksteve, post:13, topic:210”]
I have had mice strip a trap bare without setting it off.
[/quote]That’s why I file down and round off the end of the trigger-bar, greatly reduces the pressure needed to set them off - the round end of the trigger bar can slip the trigger plate much easier than a squared-end, or in the case of most cheaply made traps, a square-end with a cutting burr.

Muscle memory keeps taking me back to the old forum

1 Like

3 weeks ago, I got in contact with a local brewery that just lost their head brewer. Talked to the owner, the interim brewer, and had a great interview talking about my duties and responsibilities of taking on the position. They said I would have a chance with the job despite my lack of professional brewing experience by calling me and teaching me the system. The owner told me that I can take the opportunity but it requires a lot of work

A day ago, I see said brewery advertising on their Facebook page for a new brewer…but you MUST have professional training.

This is some bullshit.

Also, I’m not at MAGFest.

Found out last night that the Icon Grill is finally being shutdown at the end of the month. We will need to find a new post-PAX Prime dinner spot.

Hmm, never been there before. But I don’t often go in that area. I ended up at Rock Bottom not too long ago and that seemed like a decent dinner spot. It gets a lot of the 5th Ave Theater crowd I think, but I wonder how much PAX crowd it gets.

So, a couple of years ago, I made OpenTransport, which was designed to be an open source, mackie compatible, transport controller for NLEs like Audition, Premier, and Vegas. It never worked quite right because MIDI BLARGH. Seriously, midi is bullshit sometimes.

The project in question:

Anyways, I plucked it back off of my shelf a week ago and tried to get it working better, then had the epiphany that, “Hey! This is based on an Arduino Micro which can emulate a keyboard. What if I just made it be a keyboard and put in the shortcut keys for all the functions?”

So I did! And it starting coming together super fast, super well! I’m getting excited! Maybe once get it nice and polished I could make them and sell them as a product! Have an additional revenue stream for FrostWorks maybe? This could really be something here! And, hell, it works great in Premier, works great in Sony Vegas, but the functionality of the jog wheel was a little wonky in Audition. I scratch my head a little and think, “Alright, let’s look a bit deeper into how Audition handles jog wheels!”

So, I google “adobe audition jogwheel”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9H0uDApJEY

That’s $60. Yes, mine has a few more buttons, an LCD, and second rotary encoder, but the ShuttleXpress is more customizeable since it does all the keybinding in software on the computer. It’s jog wheel also seems to work better in Audition.

Maybe it isn’t a fail so much as it is dashed hopes, but still, fuck.

I have just now been informed that Broadway actor and dear friend of the family, Che Ashley, has passed on. I am looking forward to working for his human while she is in Boston, but knowing he will be absent adds a bit of gloom to the prospect.