Fail of Your Day

I’ve only had beer spilled on me maybe once ever. I’ve been to a lot of games.

You should go to Slayer shows. I got drilled in the head with a full beer bottle (plastic thank the gods) and wore cheap Bud the rest of the night.

It was fun for certain values of “fun.”

I mean, I’ve never run afoul of a drunkenman at MAG, but plenty of people do. They’re there.

Even I got pretty plastered at MAG, more than once. Of course I’m also not the type to be a shitlord whilst such.

It doesn’t count if I run afoul of myself. But I expect no one has run afoul of me, so all is well. :wink:

2 Likes

100%.

Personally, I’ve lost all patience and sympathy to gamers who are that fucking mad about something as minor in the grand scheme of Blizzard as Diablo on Mobile. They are just being gigantic pissbabies and are mad that an the individual company that decided to make a mobile game (which may be good and not have that microtransaction bullcrap) and not how the gaming industry takes advantage of them for suckers. Or how consumers allowed for things to get to this point with complete fear of putting politics into games or looked into how games could negatively impact people.

And they want to turn being mad about something they loved to a full on revolt over a possibly bad game. They don’t deserve Blizzard if that’s the breaking point.

2 Likes

I didn’t get to listen to this yet myself, but on the earlier topic:

Arghh. My sword school is hosting a really cool seminar with a visiting instructor on December 1st, but Charlotte and I are going to PAX Unplugged. For about a month my dumb brain has been thinking that “the last weekend in November” and “December 1st” were two completely separate dates.

Philly’s close enough that I might be able to do both, but that seems super complicated and Unplugged is only a three-day PAX (hence Saturday is a pretty big deal).

2 Likes

Welcome to my world. Thanks to PAX I’ve missed a friend’s wedding. I’ve also missed at least three awesome one night only concerts mostly from artists/bands that come from very far away.

I have indeed borjed my computer while attempting to get my m.2 drive with Windows. Now I got nothing. Any suggestions?

Gonna need a LOT more detailed information.

1 Like

Ok long form. I wanted to install both a m.2 hard drive and a USB card. Both are in the case but the USB card is lacking power due to me not having a long enough molex cable.

So both in plug everything up, was able to boot to the original SSD without an issue. Check Bios and detected that it can read the drive. Reset boot to usb with Windows 10, point it to the M.2 and start install.

Install requires a restart, bios is checking stuff out and very loud beeping takes place. Give it a minute for it to stop and turn itself off. Turn back on, no beep all LEDs on motherboard are red and no signal for me to get into the BIOS.

Suggestions?

Unplug everything but cpu and ram and see if it at least posts. If it beeps at you funny you’ll need some way to determine why it’s beeping at you, maybe an LED to read post codes or something.

Supposing it posts fine, plug in just the M2 drive and see if it shows up in bios. If it does, plug your windows dvd or usb in and do a clean install. Salvage whatever files from the old drive separately that you want.

If the M2 drive doesn’t show up do the same thing with just the sata drive.

Don’t dick around with the usb card or whatever else until you’ve established a stable system with a clean install. Minimize variables. If you want, burn or put on a usb stick some bootable memory test software and run that to see if maybe something else is going on.

Had to change a client’s phone unlock code last week. Today they called because they couldn’t unlock their phone. They had apparently changed it over the weekend and forgot the new code already.

What’s PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair) for the modern era?

1 Like

Closest I can come up with is “stupid users” who will break any and everything.

1 Like

How about the “ID10T” error?

So dark witchcraft has taken over some of the VMs in our lab will causes them to not resolve any DNS requests except when I use nslookup. It’s fucking weird.

Make sure nslookup is using the same DNS server as other applications.

Also, don’t use nslookup, use dig instead.

Also, get some packet inspector and filter it so you only see the DNS requests.