Fail of Your Day

Maybe we should make a thread for it so it doesn’t clutter things up.

Lol. In this instance it works in this thread on 2 levels. It started as blizzard’s fail with their mobile game and ended up with our collective fail even having the discussion. It’s gosu times two!

1 Like

You know what’s the best part about banging your head against a brick wall?

Stopping.

4 Likes

So the best part is the impact? Do it over and over again?

2 Likes

tenor

2 Likes

I don’t understand why Scott has such a hateboner for Blizzcon. It’s basically just PAX for a lot of people. Not everyone cares exclusively about tabletop. :wink: And unlike say, Twitchcon, it isn’t a disaster.

The only part I agree with is that anyone who’s so deeply invested in Diablo that they fly to Blizzcon to hear an announcement about Diablo and then rage that it wasn’t the announcement they wanted is an entitled gomergate-adjacent fool.

But Blizzcon is aight. Scott straw-manned the people who go to PAX and only go to the Expo Hall, and applied said strawman to Blizzcon.

2 Likes

There’s still not much to do at Blizzcon.

What do I need to know about twitch con? The quoted statement is the one that illuminated its existence to me.

It’s basically a tournament stage event. That, and you have the community in the same city hanging out and getting food and drinking and carousing. That latter part is is half of why I go to PAX! Otherwise I can just play games at someone’s house.

Going to Blizzcon is a lot like going to AGDQ. Either you’re a pro, and you’re there to pro it up. Or, you’re part of the community, and you’re there to engage in the community in-person and/or spectate some of the pros proing.

AGDQ not worth attending in person either if you’re not speedrunning or on the tech crew or something.

Ok now this one seems in direct contradiction to your stated reasons for wanting to watch a hockey game at the garden. You say you wanna watch what happens during commercials and not have the annoying announcers. It seems like you go for the same reason.

Maybe you wanna see what it looks like between runs where everyone is setting up the things, or the practice area or any of the other equivalents to why you’d go see a hockey game. Get a… controller to the face?

I, personally, dread a con focused on streaming.

I know a guy who works on tech stuff at AGDQ and he described some shit show stuff that goes on that you can’t see on the stream.

I view it the same way I’d view a con about like… hot air balloons, or waste management, or cardiology, or really anything on the near infinite list of things that aren’t really my thing.

I know a guy who works at the garden and he described what it’s like during the commercials at the garden, that you can see on cable or the blab.

I would go to AGDQ at least once for the experience. I’m sure I’d meet a lot of interesting people with whom to hang out.

Is it really any different than going to Essen? It’s not like you don’t get all the hot Essen games eventually here in the US. You’re not going to be the sole discoverer of something new.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Essen would actually be less of a draw if I lived in Europe. Learning about Essen, and what it’s like, is a large reason for going. I don’t think there will be much reason to go more than once, unless I’ve got a game I’m trying to sell.

I talked to someone who staffer for AGDQ and was told that the streaming thing we see is about 15% of what is actually going on. I was told there is some hardcore tabletop and arcade action going on in addition to other events.

I was told there was problematic drunkenness and such.

I’ve been told that never ever happens at the garden or at Citi Field, or at Met Life Stadium, or just in sports in general.

1 Like