Fail of Your Day

As the harvest Moon guy I can say that there are issues with the game. Sadly the switch version is simply going to be vanilla. Lots of your issues (where are people on the map, where do I find x, time being short) have been all fixed by the PC modding community.

I also am waiting for co-op before asking others to hop into the game because unless you played Harvest Moon 64 and FoMT or MFoMT there is a gap you need to jump before the game hooks you in.

In reality this was due to people comparing this game to Animal crossing, which is one of the worst comparisons to make. The quests that appear in game are nothing more than a means to get cash. When you start a game up you will not be able.to complete most of them due to the items needed and the required time it takes to get. The best way to think about it is, “hey I have X in a chest, going grocery drop it off for some quick cash”

If you want a mod list of helpful things I can get it to anyone that wants it. SMAPI is almost at 2.0 making it even easier to manage mods.

Also too much of the coverage online are the min/max people sucking all the fun out of it. The best way to approach the game is to kick out all notions of progression. Simply work on the work you want to make and if other things happen, that’s cool but the important bit is to set your own goals and have fun with it.

That makes me not want to play it at all. A game that needs community mods to not suck is a game that sucks. Why play a crappy clone, when the real thing is available?

Honestly, the game is very forgiving IF you have played a bunch of harvest Moon. What I was trying to state that if you haven’t played it then you will feel like a brick wall.

Scott for your case you have played rune factory, which means you already have the knowledge needed for most of the time management things. So the issues Ro is describing you already know how to work around. So in your case I can safely recommend it to since most of the rune factory skills you have can transfer over to Stardew.

What I was trying to put across is that since the switch isn’t going to have mods I can’t recommend the game on there unless you played another entry in the series. If you want to have a taste of what old Harvest Moon is like either wait until co-op and play with someone a bit more seasoned or try it on PC with some mods.

Also typing lost posts on a cell phone sucks, advice no one else do this.

I played a lot of Harvest Moon as a kid and honestly Stardew felt pretty respectful of my time, if for no other reason than sprinklers. I’ve never used any mods and it seemed fine. I recommend have a wiki up though.

Sprinklers are so good in that game. One of the mods that I use is lookup anything which makes the wiki to be intergrated into the game.

I’ll double check but it does have touch I think but it’s not practical. For the most part you don’t need to use the cursor.

I was trying to figure out if the run was slower because I was like… I don’t think I’m actually running. It sounds like it is somewhat slower but I haven’t personally confirmed.

I bought it since the PC version seemed fun from the 8 hours or so I put into it but I wanted to play on the couch. I still haven’t played much of it. I keep going back to Picross and Golf Story. Steamworld Dig 2 has been good so far too but I still don’t think I enjoy it as much as other Metroid style games. If you want a really good one of those on the Switch wait for Hollow Knight to come. I originally really disliked that game but once I sort of framed what that game was in my head it became really fucking good.

My wife really likes Stardew Valley but she also loves harvest moon and has beaten ALL of them. I don’t get the appeal of the genre myself.

I don’t either lol but I still play 'em.

Fail of my Booh-yah, I guess?
Had a written portion on a performance test for an IT job I am applying to.

…I accidentally sent them my work in progress rather than the finished version I had.

They still took it and said that they loved what I wrote and invited me for a final interview. So yay?

This happened near me. I am currently looking for any counter protests.

I am currently looking for headphone suggestions for the office https://twitter.com/therealcoldguy/status/920703963615432705/photo/1

1 Like

Since my drive home yesterday it’s been painful to curl my right index finger.

I left my keys at a friend’s house about 300 miles away.

https://youtu.be/tbNlMtqrYS0

It depends on so many things.

But straight up I would look at the Sony 1000x if the goal is to escape other human’s absolute bullshit but have the ability to listen in when needed. They are nice. Pricey, but noice.

Senn 598Cs are cheaper and good at isolation without using ANC.

I think it’s the nature of non profits and charities. Several of my friends work or worked for non-profit organizations and every one was a three ring shit circus for various reasons.

I broke AD on Monday and found out this morning and while attempting to fix it I have completely screwed DNS somehow and broken everything now.

Well apparently I just had to restart the DNS service. I want my hour of utter panic back.

4 Likes